Chapter 1

Evelyn's POV:

Evelyn's POV:

The night before I started college was one I had originally planned on remembering but in the end all I was left with was a pounding headache and no recollection of what actually happened, especially after me and Isla decided to have one too many drinks after work.

As I squint my eyes open and huff in annoyance trying to find the cause of the annoying incessant ringing, I reach over and tap the 'snooze' button on my phone instead of 'stop' knowing I will need the few extra minutes to mentally prepare myself in getting up and ready for the day.

By the time the alarm has rung for the second time I am already sitting up on the edge of my bed yawning and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Suddenly I hear Isla speak from my doorway "good morning sleeping beauty, better get up and ready for college. You don't want to be late on your first day!." Rolling my eyes at the 'sleeping beauty' comment she made, obviously referring to my disheveled state I turned the alarm on my phone off and replied "yeah, yeah. I'm getting up sis, don't worry!."

Checking the time I realise that it's 7:37am, my first class is at 8:45am so I have just enough time to get ready and be there. Glancing at my phone percentage I see it's only on 29% and judging by the fact that the charger is causally laying on the floor i'd say that i never even bothered to put in on charge when I got home last night. Muttering a small "Great." I leave my room and head towards the bathroom for a shower.

As I'm showering the song Alone by Jorja Smith comes on and I can't help but get in my feelings using a shaver as my microphone and giving the shampoo and conditioner bottles a good ass show. After finishing up in the shower I wrap my body and hair up in towels and start my skin care routine and brushing my teeth.

At 8:03am I find myself still in my towel staring blankly at a pile of clothes contemplating on what to wear. Do people in college dress smart? Casual? Like a homeless person? Honestly that last option is sounding a little too appealing to me at the minute. Let's be honest joggers and a jumper is a vibe. Deciding to just close my eyes and grab a few random items of clothing, i place them on the bed and examine what I have blindly managed to come up with.

(Imagine any outfit you'd like.)

"Mhm, it's actually not too bad." I decide to match the outfit with some nike socks and my high top checkered vans. Applying deodorant and spraying on some perfume I grab my bag and make sure all the essentials are packed. Notepad, pen, perfume, laptop and phone charger. Look how minimalistic I am, it's great really.

Making my way out of my room and towards the kitchen, I find Isla plating up some eggs, bacon and toast "fancy a small English breakfast before you go, Eve?" I looked at the food longingly "hell yeah, you know food is one of my weaknesses." She laughs and nods pushing the plate towards me "better eat up then, your first class is at 8:45 and it's already 8:30." Luckily the college is only a 5 minute walk away so it won't take too long for me to get there, I nod and start digging into my breakfast.

On my way out i shout up to Isla "I'm heading off now. See you later, love ya!" Shutting and locking the door I see blonde tresses flapping out of one of the apartment windows shortly after followed by the owners face  "Love you too. Remember, behave yourself at college!"

One of the things that I can appreciate about this college is that they send you your timetable via email once you have officially signed up and given them all the required paperwork with all your details. However a map to go along with the timetable would've been very helpful. Right now, I find myself standing in front the college while staring at the timetable on my phone which reads 'Catering - Room 16, Block C, Teacher - ROC' (The first letter of a teachers name followed by the first two letters of their last name is next to the lesson they will be teaching you.)

As I'm staring at my phone and back at the building with a slightly puzzled expression a soft yet slightly raspy voice of a woman to my right startles me, causing her to let out a short laugh "sorry didn't mean to scare you, you looked lost. Do you need some help?" As I turn towards the unknown woman my eyes almost pop out of my head as my jaw may as well have hit the floor.

The woman looks about 5'8 towering over my 5'4 self, she has fairly short brown hair that reaches just above her shoulders, a clearly defined jaw that I almost wanted to touch it to see if it was as sharp as it looked and god those chocolate brown eyes that seem to be looking at me with a slight glint of mischievousness in them, almost as if she knows she's the shit. Holy fuck, this woman is hot! Realising that I am just standing here ogling at her like a kid in a candy shop I stutter out a response "u-uh yes, that would be helpful. Thanks-s."

Not trusting my own voice I show her the timetable on my phone and give her a hopeless look. She looks over the timetable and smiles warmly at me "Looks like fate is on your side today, I would be RCO. I'm Miss O'conner and I will be your catering teacher throughout your time here." Well damn, no complaints from me love.

"The to the left of you is block A, this is where you will find the main reception as well as the cafeteria, performing arts and media are taught in that block. In front of us is block b which is where you will find health and social care, child development and hair and beauty classes. And last ur not least to our left is block c where catering, computing and digital it classes are taught."

I nod great fully at her explanation of the different buildings, remembering that the building I need is the last one on the right. "Cool. Thank you, I'm new to this college so I would've been lost without your help." The warm smile remains on her face "it's no problem really, though we should both probably be getting to lesson now as it's almost 8:45." I hum in agreement and follow her towards 'block c'.

A//N These courses are just random ones I used to fit in with the story, just go with it. (: