Chapter 24

Evelyn's POV:

Evelyn's POV:

After speaking with Raven yesterday, I immediately called Isla, Mia, and Skye to inform them of what had occurred. Everyone had come to Raven's apartment to check on me, and I was slightly surprised to see Eliza there, but she smiled at me and said she would bring the bastard down.

Mia had told me about a video going around of Ivan pinning me against the wall and forcibly kissing me, and Eliza had said she could use it against him. Raven had a blank expression on her face for the majority of the night, as if she was thinking about something, but she didn't say anything was wrong.

It was Sunday morning, and to say I was confused would be an understatement; I had stayed at Raven's apartment again the night before, and now as I wake up, I can see through the gap in Raven's partially opened bedroom door that there are a few police officers, Andre and Eliza, in Raven's apartment.

The words 'DSI Walker' and 'that bastard' kept being said, which only added to my confusion. I hadn't left Raven's room yet, and I guess she assumed I was still sleeping, but I needed to know what was going on.

I walked out of Raven's room and into the living room, where Eliza and Andre were sitting in front of a computer that had been set up on Raven's table. Raven stood behind them with a hand propped under her chin, muttering words to them and making a hard face, she looked like a completely different woman.

Her aura was confident and powerful, she exuded dominance, and I almost did a double take. Where was the sweet miss O'conner who taught me in college? I hesitantly coughed, and they all turned to face me.

Andre and Eliza had slightly apologetic expressions on their faces, while Raven gulped slightly before confidently striding towards me and taking one of my hands in her own, "We need to talk, Evelyn."

Everything that was going on around me had me perplexed and now slightly terrified. Raven let me back into her room and sat us both on the end of her bed, taking my hands in between her own and sighed deeply.

"My last name isn't O'conner; it's Walker, and I'm not really a teacher in her third year of teaching catering," she paused slightly before coughing awkwardly and continuing, "I u-um, I'm currently working undercover at the college as part of a police operation."

My jaw was on the fucking floor! She is a cop! How the hell did I not know this, I mean the whole sweet persona she had going on was clearly fake, the woman I had just seen in the living room was a completely different person, more like the Raven I had seen on occasion when she would defend me or want to kill someone for hitting on me.

She didn't give me a chance to respond after noticing my stunned expression and went on, "My job was to observe and report, we had an individual fly in from Russia, the deal was for him to help the Russian authorities take down his father who was a mob boss, which he did, and in return we would overlook the evidence of his involvement and take him into a protection programme in England where he would stay and be safe, our only concern was that he would follow in his father's footsteps; he only had one chance, and he's now clearly blown it."