Chapter 7

Evelyn POV:

Evelyn POV:

It's the middle of the week, and we have just finished baking and grading all of the bread variants for our chemical raising agents experiment.

By the end of tomorrow's lesson, we are expected to have completed a detailed assignment on which bread was the best, which was the worst, how large the difference in rise was between the lowest and highest bread, and so on.

I must admit that I thought it was completely pointless while making the bread, but after seeing the layout for our assignment, I quickly realised that it helps us work out the effect that too much of something and not enough of something else can have on the final outcome.

Normally, we would have had until Friday to complete the assignment, but Raven had informed us that a highly respected chef would be coming in to cook a few dishes for us and provide us with the best tips possible for future cooking.

When I walked in the apartment after college, Isla was impatiently waiting for me on the couch, with a slightly anxious look on her face, my brows instantly furrowed in concern at her state. "Are you all right, Sis?" When she snapped out of her trance and looked at me she offered me a sheepish grin.

"Well, I met someone a couple weeks ago and I wanted to wait to tell you just in case it wasn't serious," she explained. I gave her a nod as if to say, "Keep going." She immediately took the hint "Ah, right okay,"

"His name is André, and he's absolutely stunning. He works in the police force, and he has magnificent eyes, a fantastic body, and a wonderful personality, and oh my gosh, those eyes."

I chuckle at her almost drooling condition. "I get it he has nice eyes, but what about him, Sis?" She bites her lower lip uncomfortably. "Well, you see, I invited him over to meet you, and told him you had already said it was fine with you."

"Oh, we'll It's not a problem," I said, slightly dumbfounded, "but a heads up before tonight would've been nice." She sighs in relief that I'm not mad at her. "Yeah, sorry sis, I've been busy with work and I only realised I forgot to tell you about an hour ago," she scratched the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Well, hey, I made your favourite meal for dinner, if that makes up for it." I rush up to her and give her the biggest hug, saying, "Yes, I can't wait!" I try to make it seem like I'm talking about meeting André, but we both know it's for the food.

We both look at each other and laugh, "we're such a mess," She says, I raise an eyebrow at her remark. "Correction, I'm a hot mess... you're just a mess." Her mouth slightly opens at my remark before she gets that evil glint in her eye that I'm all too familiar with, "wait, no." I slightly panic "I was joking, Isla." I slowly back away from the beast that I know is lurking beneath the surface.

When we hear a knock at the door, I breathe a sigh of relief. "He's here!" Isla exclaims with a girlish squeal. She gives me a serious look and asks, "How do I look?" I laugh at her and decide to tease her one last time with the phrase "like shit," to which she responds with a glare. "I'm just joking, you look great now open the door before he walks away."

Her eyes widen at my words, and she practically dashes to the door, not before quickly patting down her hair and checking her breath. "Hello, André. Please enter." I'm currently sitting on our couch, waiting for Isla and her 'man' to come in so I can introduce myself.

And when he does, I'll be damned. That is one handsome man, I must say. Isla notices me giving her a thumbs up after casually checking him out and raises her eyebrows in amusement. She takes a deep breath and clears her throat before introducing the two of us.

"Evelyn, this is André." I stand up and shake his hand. "Hello, my name is Evelyn, and i'm the more entertaining sibling." This results in a punch to the ribs. I hunch over and let out a soft wheeze.

I turn to look at Isla, who is innocently grinning before hissing a low ouch at her. I fully stand up and look at Andre, who is currently staring at us both with amusement. He laughs at our antics, saying, "Hello, Evelyn, it's nice to meet you."

Isla had stated that dinner was ready after the brief introduction, so we all went into the kitchen and took a seat at the table before digging in. I love food so much that when I smell Islas cooking, my little food baby and I get the biggest grins on our faces.

Before Isla stands and carries our plates into the kitchen, the three of us finish our meals in a light chatter and a comfortable silence. I use this opportunity to fulfil my sisterly duties to try and intimidate the potential boyfriend.

"Listen, yeah? Understand that if you break my sister's heart, I will break your face. You get me?" "I like you, Evelyn," he says, while chuckling at my attempt at intimidation. He suddenly becomes more serious, saying, "I give you permission to 'break my face' if that happens, but I have no intention of hurting your sister's heart."

As he talks about Isla, I can see that similar sparkle of light in his eyes, he's definitely just as infatuated with Isla as she is with him, which honestly makes me smile. My work here is done.

What a day it's been. "I'm pleased to hear that; I think you and my sister will make a great couple." My comment brings a large smile onto his face.

A//N small world.