Chapter 5. Ruthless

9:06 PM, Gotham City;

It was a dark noisy night in the crime capital of world, police sirens could be heard from the distance, gunshots from various directions and news chopper's trying to get the next big scoop. But on this night a new face appeared in this lawless city, standing on the edge  of tall building overlooking the city with a smile on his face whilst his all dark clothing blended with the city. His hair fluttered in the wind and his eyes seemed to shine with a certain brilliance like never before. He took a deep breath and looked up into the sky.

'So it was real'

But before he could voice his thoughts a voice resounded in his head.

'I have memories of creations that have been to the most beautiful places in existence but they don't compare to seeing something in the flesh...’

The lovely voice of the infinity couldn't retain commenting on anything that she saw.

‘Those lovely lights , oh so many vehicles...and such noise...’

A slightly irritated expression rose on Arias’s face but he simply let out a breath of air. This feeling was new to him. Having a voice constantly speaking in your head isn't exactly comfortable no matter how lovely the voice.

'Will I have to hear all your thoughts constantly? I don't mind you talking but doing it so energetically is making me barely able to think'

Realizing that she had gone a little overboard she calmed herself.

'I apologize being bound to someone is a new experience for both us and I forgot to take make a few measures so we don't drive each other insane, if you wish it with a simple thought you can block me from seeing and or hearing your thoughts but I’ll leave you complete access to mine , I do this to show that I hold no ill will towards you and that I can be trusted as I am a part of you now'.

Arias followed her instructions and cut her access to his thoughts and memories.

'so if I choose to I can simply isolate you for as long as I want?’

The infinity answered with worry in her voice.

'Yes if you so wish but I can be of hel-'.

Arias cut her off before she could start a debate.

'I was simply curious don't take every question I ask so seriously or you'll never cease to worry around me. Not that you’d need to with your capabilities’.

Hearing this the infinity sounded relieved and felt she could trust her refuge to some extent but he on the other hand had different thoughts on the matter

'She seems naive but that’s far from the case. Even if she were she'll grow and being bound to me makes her important to me, keeping her close and happy will make her invaluable as I grow'

After thinking about it, Arias communicated with the infinity.

'One more thing , do you mind if I call you Àpeiro it still signifies what you are but since but it rolls off the tongue easier'.

the infinity was silent for a moment she had many great names but none sounded as lovely to her . She stayed silent for long while before finally voicing her thoughts.