Chapter 10. The Means

After coming to an agreement Arias left the gruesome scene and headed towards his hotel room with Harley in tow. Once they arrived in his hotel room, he casually removed his mask and began heading towards the stairs.

"Ouu, not bad Mr Boogeyman"

Arias ignored her remark and began heading up the stairs.

"I’m going to take a shower don't break anything".

Having said that he went upstairs....but not to the bathroom. He quickly went to his room and leapt out of his window and flew at a crazy speed towards Jokers old hideout before in the alley near it. After checking two dumpsters he found the files everyone had been looking for in bag written "do not touch just junk".

He skimmed through the files before copying the useful data to a chip on his phone. After doing so, he contacted the contractor who wanted Harley. 

“Hello? If you’re unhappy about the compensation, we can work something ou-“

A lovely voice had picked up the phone call and immediately began to speak but was soon cut off by Arias.

“I’ve found the files. Give me an offer or they go public.”

Arias was straightforward in making his request and cut the call immediately after speaking. He then sent copies of the files as proof and just as planned, he received a call almost immediately.

“The Boss wants to set up a meeting to negotiate terms.”

The lovely voice spoke quickly and waited for Arias’s response which didn’t take long.

“I refuse. You have 5 minutes to give me a satisfactory amount. Ask your Boss this, Be greedy and have your empire fall or send the money and continue to live carefree?”

Once again after speaking, Arias cut the call immediately and didn’t pick up again. He kept on receiving phone calls but continued to ignore them. Finally when one minute remained a notification popped with a sum of money in the Billions. 

After transferring all his money to Bank specifically for those who wish to stay out of the limelight he then took off into the air and flew the opposite direction to his hotel reaching the local police station building. 

Once at the station, he simply dropped off the incriminating files and left. After that, he sent copies to well known news stations as well before finally breaking his phone.

'Phase one done. Once the major players are out of the picture, everyone will struggle to become top dog. Chaos is bound to follow, which is just what I need. It means less attention towards me’.

'Now for phase two'. 

He stood in front of an apartment building dressed in all black clothing with a mask on. Once on the second floor he knocked on the door and when he heard the voice of a middle aged man respond he immediately kicked the door and sent the man flying with it into the room. 

“Argh!”

He quickly let himself in and as the man tried to stand he held his hand slammed it to the floor, afterwards he brutally beat the man blow after blow but held his strength back. Each time the man tried to turn he'd get his face planted into the floor.