Chapter 16. Power

Chapter 16. Power

02:00 AM 'The Citadel, Gotham City:

Arias was sitting opposite his new guest Dr.Veritas as they shared a bottle of wine while conversing. Dr.Veritas took a sip from her glass before looking at the man across her. She then parted her lips and spoke.

"Tell me Mr. Adriel just how much do you know about me?, and use is could a being such as myself have use for to a cosmic entity?”.

Arias twirled his glass while piecing together what he remembered about her.

"Dr. Shay Veritas, you where a student  at crucible academy at the inter-planetary academy that taught super heroes before building your own facility called the block near the earth's core.You also excel in mechanical engineering and science and have genius level intellect. It should be quite clear why I wish to work with you. As for how I know all this? I can’t say just yet”.

“I remember Superman once brought his cousin supergirl to you after she suffered from kryptonite poisoning, you pitied her but also considered her a ticking time bomb. After finding out what you thought of her, she felt betrayed by yet another person she thought she could trust which lead her into a meltdown that turned her into her red latern temporarily. Your facility was sucked into a maelstrom due to a failed dimensional experiment and I assume that's how you got here?"

A/N: that's basically her back story, there's not that much information about her.only difference I've made is instead of Superman saving her the space anomaly the maelstrom created brought her to the MC's  world.

"Yes....."

Dr.Veritas answered with wide eyed look on her face as the man in front of her summarized the last moments in her world. Arias simply leaned back into the chair as he looked at the bewildered doctor. She took a deep breath and calmed herself before turning towards him and voicing her thoughts once more.

"Yes it is as you said, you must think me evil for abandoning the poor girl when she needed someone the most I take it?”.

Arias stared at his glass while shaking his head before giving his response.

"Good and Evil mean nothing to me, I see no sense in living by what someone’s view of right and wrong. I refuse to be bound by laws that only serve to limit me.”

Dr. Veritas looked at the cosmic being in front of her who seemed to have his own convictions as well. Although she still held doubts of what or who he was, she had no proof to say otherwise and chose to observe for now.

They both stayed silent for a moment before Arias finished his glass and stood from his chair, he took out a small flash disk and a black card and handed them to Dr.Veritas.

"l'm leaving you in charge of a project named core, a temporary underground facility currently in construction, do with the project as you think best. The disk has contacts for any material you may need or want if unavailable you can always ask me. Choose any guest room you like except the one with a clown chibi on it. Goodnight". 

Arias began to leave and but was stopped by Dr.Veritas soft ambitious voice.

"Whatever you goal is I will help you to the best of  my ability to achieve it I only ask you share the mysteries of the universe and what lies beyond. Maybe even consider me a friend?".