Chapter 20. Plotting

Time Unknown 'Watch Tower, Outer Space:

The league members were gathered and sat around a large oval shaped table with all their gazes fixated on the three guests who sat at the far end of the table. These were of course the members of Leviathan. Harley was carefree despite the tense atmosphere and even leaned back into her chair and set her feet on the table.

Dr.Veritas sat elegantly with her chin resting upon her right hand. Arias seemed to be carefree as well as he just sat their relaxed in his chair but in actuality he was in deep in thought. He was quietly listening to a faint lovely voice in his mental space.

'Ari how did you know they would agree to the terms of the truce so easily? From what I can observe they seem prideful and unbending. My first thought was fear which is what most beings would feel when faced with someone more powerful than them but all I sense from these beings is caution,curiosity and pride still’.

Arias remained quiet on the outside while he too expressed his thoughts to Àpeiro.

'To be honest Àpeiro it was a gamble, you can never be really sure how someone will react. Batman is a very smart man, he most likely agreed to this truce so he could better monitor us and try to find out our weaknesses if any in the process, basically he thinks he he’s in control'. 

Àpeiro listened to Arias’s words carefully before adding on.

'I see. Oh it seems they are ready to break the silence , I'll leave you be for now'

The lovely voice began to fade after  saying  what Arias thought was playful remark.

'Huh? seems at least one of us is growing in more ways than one. But I can't really relax till I know I won't need to worry about the league pestering me. Antagonizing them would be a waste of my time as I doubt they’d give up easily if I directly become a threat. Unless...'

Arias inwardly sighed before turning his attention to the members of the league as the meeting began.

"First I think some introductions are in order, you already seem to know of all the members of the league so I think if this alliance is to work out you need to tell us exactly who are"

As he spoke Superman had his eyes on Dr. Veritas who had defeated him during the carrier rescue. The other members nodded to his statement in unison before turning their gazes towards the trio at the far end.

Harley decided to go first and stood up facing the members of the league.

"Harley Quinn at ya service or if you wanna be formal about it Dr.Harleen Frances Quinzel. I was born o-".

Before she could continue Batman cut her off.

"We already know everything there is to know about you Harley no need for an introduction". 

Harley simply shrugged and sat back down.

"Fine. Not like that's creepy or anything.”

She said sarcastically while putting her feet back on the table. 

Dr.Veritas stood up next. Most members of course recognized her already, she was after all the mysterious genius billionaire scientist who seemed to come out of nowhere. Batman tried to trace her origins but it was like she didn't exist before publishing her theories and ideas.