Chapter 12. Well...

Chapter 12. Well...

After his conversation with Àpeiro came to a close, Arias dressed in all black with a face mask before leaping and out his window and heading towards jokers new hideout. By the time he arrived it seemed things where going his way.

Inside the warehouse Harley was hung by chains by a dark haired girl. 

'If I recall correctly that girl should be Punchline, seems the joker already had plans of having a new lackey'.

Arias thought at the recognition of the young girl who was now punching Harley in the stomach repeatedly.

Afterwards she walked towards the joker who then turned a switch and left the warehouse. While they left, Harley looked forward and seemed in more emotional than physical pain.

‘Not exactly how I thought things would go...But why leave her alive and just go?'. 

Arias instead punched through the window directly and went inside. Harley didn't even bat an eye at the sound of glass shattering, She simply had her head down as if accepting her fate.

"I take it things didn't go so well?". 

Harley simply nodded her head never looking up. 

Arias squatted down and raised Harley's head to face his her clown makeup ruined from the tears she must have been shedding.

"He almost killed me....."

Harley said as not believing it herself...

"But....that girl said I'd be better off taking a fall for them and rotting in jail...I tried Mr Boogeyman I really did but....I failed"

Harley looked even more downcast than before as she said this.Arias broke her cuffs but she stayed on the ground.

"Everyone fails sometimes Harley we're human so we're naturally flawed, if he doesn't need you someone else will, if he won't protect you someone else will...You're smarter than people give you credit for, ruthless and loyal which are all  good qualities, even after he ditched you, you stayed loyal so you haven't failed. It’s him who failed".

As Arias said this, a familiar voice couldn’t help but comment on what he had just said.

'I am impressed by the non sense you're able to come up with on the spot'

Arias chose to not reply and waited for Harley’s response.Harley finally looked up before standing and staring at Arias.

"Does that mean you'll let me stay with you?". 

Arias simply nodded before breaking off the neck chain that said puddin that she wore. She simply looked at it for a moment before turning back to Arias.

"Will you also try to kill me when I make a mistake?"

As they where walking out Harley stopped to ask this. Arias turned and walked to her before lifting her chin up towards him while smiling then replied.

"I won't give up if you won't, but if you do fail....." 

He paused making Harley anxious be smiling at her.