Chapter 15. Good and Evil

00:50 AM 'The Citadel, Gotham City:

Arias was seated cross legged near a small pond in his estate conversing with a lovely voice in his mind under the tranquil sky. 

‘Àpeiro would it be possible for you to teach me how to manipulate different energies? I don't need to excel but I may face a magician sooner or later and mere physical prowess may not be enough?’

Àpeiro was quick to give her answer to his request.

'It can be done, you are a being unlike any other now so your body is already capable of manipulating all kinds of energies but the difficulty in controlling energies varies. We can begin tomorrow if you so wish I simply need to arrange all my knowledge pertaining to such to make a suitable method for you alone’

The lovely voice resounded in arias mental domain. He let out a small smile and relaxed a little at the thought. Lately he had been pondering about areas where he was lacking that could be a hindrance . When he thought about it clearly he realized he had no proper offense against magic which he thought could cost him should he face someone pro efficient in it.

Attempting to learn how to control his newly given power proved to be a challenge on his on. Àpeiro too found it somewhat challenging to teach as her understanding of things was on a completely different and complex level. Before Arias could ponder on the situation more, Àpeiro’s voice alerted him of something.

'Do you feel that Ari?' 

She asked but arias looked puzzled and shook his head.

'What am I supposed to be feeling?' 

Arias curiously answered. Àpeiro grew silent a bit before responding.

'Space is being distorted hundreds of miles away from here, what is odd is it is not hundreds of miles towards the sky, this anomaly is happening on the planet which can only mean it’s not natural'.

'Distorting space? they are very few people I can think of who can achieve such a feat...Lex Luthor?....Mr Terrific ?....Ray Palmer?...all of them have the brains and resources to pull that off..unless the cause is magic or even a divine entity?’. 

Arias went silent pondering possible causes based on what he knew about the dc universe but could not find a definitive answer.

He slowly stood up and asked Àpeiro for the location..she fell silent for a few seconds and her voice resounded in his mind once more.

'It is coming from the Namib Desert of the African Continent'. 

Hearing the location Arias's figure began to be rise into the air before flying off to the location.

He flew at break neck speed, he new many individuals who could detect such an anomaly but none as fast Àpeiro meaning if he acted fast he could avoid said individuals. It didn't take him long to arrive and see the anomaly within sight. As he got closer the gravity shifted values numerous times.

'You must hurry and retrieve that metal orb in the center it seems able to avoid the changes the anomaly that surrounds it is causing. The energy is growing more unstable so it will soon shift to another space'