The Royal Scientist

"Could you help me in finding a meal and my family?" Suna asked. The monster skittered away. "Wait, wait, wait!" She tried to catch up to her, making her even more terrified. "P-please! D-don't kill me!" She managed, making Suna stop short. It's not like she could keep up anyway, she was already sinking to the ground, exhausted. "Kill..?" She looked to her hand. Oh- of course. She didn't have the magic to change back, but.. "I assure you, that is the last thing on my mind. All I wish for is some food and information, if you could be so kind.." She leaned against the wall, looking up to the lizard. She went up some moving steps and was peeking over the wall. "F-food..?"
"I.. have not eaten in a long time.. I couldn't harm you now, even if I wanted. It is not my intent. I just want to find my children.."
"Y-you're a m-mother..?" She asked. She nodded. "I am."

₩₩₩

The monster kept her distance and she slid some ramen over to Suna with a stick. Suna wasn't going to be picky. She devoured the meal rather quickly. "I apologize. I never introduced myself. I'm Suna."
"A-Alphys.."
"You are very kind, Alphys. Thank you for the meal." She nodded. "Y-you're w-welcome.. um.. w-where did you.. uh.. c-come from?" Suna pointed. "In there. I woke up down there and have been looking for anything to help me since."
"I-in there..? H-how didn't I know..?" She shrugged. "I do not know.. that coat your wearing.. are you a scientist?"
"Y-yes.. the r-royal scientist actually."
"I see.." That didn't sound right to her, but for the life of her, she couldn't remember why. "Then I shall call you Dr. Alphys?" She tilted her head, wanting to make sure she called her by her title. "I-if you want.. Alphys is just fine.." She closed her eyes. "Forgive me doctor.. I'm very tired.."
"S-suna?" She was already asleep.

₩₩₩

She woke up on a bed. "When did I?"
"Y-you fell asleep on the f-floor.. I moved you here.. s-sorry!"
"Ah. Dr. Alphys. It's quite alright. Thank you." She ducked away a moment. "A-at first I th-thought something w-was wrong.. y-your healthy though.. um.. from what I could see in the human history books.."
"Doctor."
"Y-yes?"
"You are aware that I'm not actually human, right? I merely look like one."
"R-really? A h-human like monster? I-I didn't know those existed.."
"Here I am.. my magic is just very low." Alphys perked. "L-let me get you some food! And check your soul- and you said something about children!" She scurried off before she could stop her.

₩₩₩

Suna ate slower this time. Alphys was examining her soul, which was a bit cracked, but otherwise ok. "Could you help me find my children? The oldest is a young man, I never met the second. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl.."
"O-of course! I'll help in anyway I can! I have cameras everywhere in the Underground!" Underground? "What? What is the Underground..?" This gave Alphys pause. "Y-you don't know? What's the last thing you remember? "War.. humans and monsters were fighting.. I was trying to find.. someone.." Her brows furrowed in concentration. "I got hurt and blacked out. That's it."
"O-oh! Then you don't know.."
"What? What happened?"
"A-after the war, m-monsters were t-trapped under the mountain. A b-barrier k-keeps us from the surface.."
"We.. we're trapped underground?" She nodded. "The king calls it the Underground. The area in the Underground we are in is known as Hotland.. that's were this place was built to use the geothermal heat."
"I.." Suna was at a loss for words. Alphys went silent, there to answer questions if needed.

₩₩₩

Suna hadn't said anything. Alphys hadn't said anything. Things were getting uncomfortable. The silence was getting to thick. It was just so much for the skeleton to take in. Then the doors downstairs slid open. "hey al, can ya do something for me- al? alphys?" Suna snapped out of it as Alphys sighed in relief. "I-I'm coming! J-just a moment!" She turned to Suna. "I-I'll be right back." She disappeared down the 'escalator' as she called it. Suna was feeling a lot better now, and she didn't want to be alone. So she followed after the lizard. She was wobbly as she took the escalator down herself. Alphys was talking to a skeleton. A. Skeleton. He wore a blue jacket, white shirt, black shorts, and pink slippers. He seemed relaxed, talking in easygoing tones. She recognized him anywhere. "C-Comic..?"