The Waterfall Spirit

After breakfast the boys had to go to work, leaving Suna to her own devices. She decided that it was about time she started her new career. The skeleton found some paper and a pencil for a rough draft. And... nothing was coming to her. No story ideas. She sighed, cursing under her breath. Perhaps a location change to help her mood? Waterfall seemed to be a place full of magic and mystery. So she picked up her things and started to Waterfall.

₩₩₩

When all was said and done, the young soldier looked around the war-torn field. He did not know how he survived. He did know that if his comander saw this, they would think him a traitor, for killing friend and foe alike. It is not what happened, but they would likely think so. And so the soldier cried. "Please great spirits! Take me from this place! I can bear death and killing no longer!" The wind whistled around him and the trees swayed. A thick fog came suddenly and quickly, surrounding the young soldier. The he heard a roar. The roar of a waterfall. He knew of no bodies of water around this place of death. Still, curious he went to investigate. The fog only grew thicker as he got closer to the roar. Until, finally, it lifted up like a great burden had been taken from him. He was no longer in the battle-worn field. He was in a place of beauty, where night and day were one and the trees, grass, and bush shown with the colors of the rainbow. The water was clear as glass, sparkling like the stars in the sky. And the wind whispered, "we have heard your plea, if you can pass our challenges, you can live among us, as one of us, if you don't, you die and never return." The soldier...

₩₩₩

Suna paused in her writing. She felt like she was being watched. She looked around, listened. She could see nothing.. hear nothing, but she was sure something was watching her. She narrowed her sockets. If the war taught her anything.. n e v e r l e t y o u r g u a r d d o w n . "I know you're there. Come out." Nothing responded. Nothing moved. She clenched her teeth. She really didn't know what to expect. Sans told her that it was a pacifist. That meant they weren't killing the monster, but one never knew. She summoned an attack. "I am armed and dangerous. Don't toy with me." All she could here were the sounds of rushing water and the music box. She switched to human, hoping that perhaps if it was Frisk, she could deter them from killing her. And if they killed her sons.. well.. t h e y w e r e g o i n g t o h a v e a b a d t i m e . She moved forward silently, hoping to find the stalker before they caught her. She tensed as one of the echo flowers spoke. She hadn't touched any of them. Suna you- -live. It was mostly drowned out by static. It was.. familiar.. though. "That voice.." She touched another echo flower. It repeated someone else's message. "No, no, no! I need to here that voice again!" Another echo flower started up. I-s bee- so -ong. I miss- you so mu- She ran to that echo flower and touched it, but it repeated someone else's message. What was going on?

₩₩₩

I am sorr- Suna followed the messages. I did- -rget you. She was sure. I fa-led our son- It was Wingdings. -failed you. She noticed.. that she had no clue where she was. She'd been so busy chasing the flowers.. she'd dropped her guard. It's be-er tha- I-one. "Our boys need both of us!" She demanded. Le- our bo-s kno- I lo- -em. "Let them know yourself!" She spotted a grey door. It was old, broken, and used. Su-a don- She didn't listen. She swung open the door and went in. A monotone grey surrounded her. She didn't care. What she cared about was the being in the center. Wingdings looked.. melty? He lacked form. No arms. No legs. Just a black mass with a head. "Wing..?" He looked away. I.. did not want you to see me.. like this. "You think I care what you look like?" She murmured. "I have forgotten you, Wingdings.. I couldn't remember you.." Yet you remember me now? "Eh.. bits and pieces. Special times in our lives. When we met, when you proposed, Comic's birth, times like that." He nodded slowly. I cannot blame you. Only Sans could remember me. "Because he was directly involved." Yes. "Are you dead or alive?" She asked, walking closer to her mate. I am.. nonexistent. As far as anyone is concerned, I never existed. That's why everyone forgot. "How do I make you exist again? I do not want to forget.." That.. is a question for Sans.. you're just as beautiful as the day we first met. She blushed. "Wing.." They're looking for you. You should go. "I will help you, Wing. You'll exist again." She promised. Wingdings smiled. I don't doubt it.