Family Vacation

Aurora's POV - Time jump to the Last day of School

Family Trip

Aurora's POV – Time jump to the last day of school

It's the last day of school and I'm kind of excited because I get my report card today. I'm only happy because I also get to find out Sophia's grade. I already know that it's not going to be that good but I still want to see the look on her face when she finds out. Like I said Sophia isn't really the smartest person, she's average, but not the best.

I'm currently sitting at my desk which was at the back of the classroom. Elijah was also sitting next to me but he has been ignoring me for quite a while now. I didn't do anything so I'm not sure what's wrong with him. It kind of hurt when he was ignoring me but I'm kind of used to people doing that so it wasn't really a big issue.

After a couple minutes our homeroom teacher Mrs. Laney walked in holding a stack of white envelopes. She put the envelopes on her desk and turned around to face the class. The smile that was usually plastered on her face was replaced with a scowl. "Ok lezione, come tutti sapete oggi è il giorno della pagella," she stated getting everyone's attention.

(Okay class, as you all know, today is report card day.) 

"Alcuni di voi hanno fatto bene... e il resto di voi... non tanto," she continued while trying to force a smile. 

(Some of you did well and some of you...did an okay job.)

The only thing I hated about report card day was the fact that our school made it mandatory to call out your grade in front of the entire class. It was never embarrassing for me because my grades are usually good, but if I were to get a C or lower I would never show my face at school again because the other kids in class would probably laugh or make fun of you.

"Adrian...45%"

Laughter was heard throughout the classroom as Adrian got up to collect his report card. "La maggior parte di voi che ride non ha fatto di meglio quindi per favore, state zitti," she stated in a calm tone.

(Most of you who are laughing did not do any better so please, be quiet)

She continued calling out our grades along with our names, I got 95% which was an 'A'. Sophia actually improved this year and managed to get 87% which was a 'B+'. After everyone received their report cards Mrs. Laney dismissed us.

I really didn't want to go home because today is the 'family trip'. I overheard them talking about it and turns out we are going to Mexico. Don't get me wrong, Mexico sounds like a great place for a vacation but it's the fact that I have to go on this 'vacation' with my family that's making me not want to go.

I got all my stuff and went outside to wait for Alessandro. I really didn't want to see Elijah but luck is not a word in my dictionary so he was the first person I saw when I got outside. I'm guessing he saw me too. For once in my life I wished that Alessandro was here and luckily his car was in the car park.