Wasn't You

Wasn't You:
She opened her eyes to find herself in her room. She remembered all the events and the very first thought erupted in her mind was of Aaron. She knew he saved her but didn't know he was fine or not as the chandelier was so big . Many people could get hurt with that. She raised from the bed with her weight on her elbow but gasped when Aaron came from nowhere in a swift.

"What are you doing? Don't dare to get down from the bed." He tried to intimidate her but still eyes were conveying concern for her. She had an urge to roll her eyes as he was asking for her to take care but still in his bossy attitude. Why shouldn't he be in his bossy attitude? He was the mighty and ruthless king of this Island.

"Is everyone alright? I hope there is no harm to anyone?" She asked as her anxious face for the safety of others made him curse under his breath. He was accusing her of the sin which she didn't do. He had done a big mistake. He was the king but he always ruled in accordance to the laws , with dignity and honesty. He , sure was a cruel and ruthless king but still his Island was happy under his reign. They never complained of anything . They never go against him except one group of the citizens of this Island . He had tried so hard to overcome their hatred and constancy of their revenge against him but they weren't ready to do so. He also didn't pay any heed to them again as he knew they couldn't do any harm to them.

"Everyone is fine." He said as he sat beside her on the bed. She leaned on the crown of the bed to overcome the pain in her pounding head but eyes were fixed on the beast as he was lost in his thoughts.

"What is it?" She asked scrutinizing her gaze at him, causing him to break out of his thoughts. He looked at her then leaned forward to take her hand in his making her flabbergasted. A shiver ran down her spine when his cold hand touch hers. She wet her dried lips as she didn't know what was coming next.

"It's not you then." He break the silence after few seconds. She first didn't understand what he was talking about buy soon it dawned upon her. "I thought you want an escape from here that's why you did that. But it wasn't you." He said as he wasn't use to apologize ,even he never apologized to anyone. And here he was trying to apologize his Queen.

"I still want an escape from here but you should understand that I will never put someone's life especially someone's hard work in danger . I can't ruin someone's hard work of day and night so easily." She enlightened him about her stance making him felt bad for her. He never felt guilty of his doing except one time which he didn't want to remember . But he felt a pang of guilt in his heart.

"So , you still want an escape." He snickered playing with her fingers in his hand. She just nodded her head as she glanced at their intertwined hands. His touch was cold but still comfortable for her.

"You know I will never let you go so easily." He said as he tightened his grip on her hand but not so hard that made her hissed.

Let's see!

She took it as a challenge.

She just stared at their hands not wanting to let him know about her thoughts. They both got startled by the knock on the door followed by Umera who came in with a tray full of food in her hands. She was about to place it on the side table but Aaron grabbed it from her and ordered her to go back. She went outside after bowing her head at them in respect.

He turned to look at her who was just staring at him. Her eyes had a pinkish glint due to throbbing veins of her temples. Her hair was at her one side of the neck giving him the beautiful sight of her milky white swan like neck. He was always ready to devour her but she wasn't ready and made him infuriated by her actions of rejecting him, rejecting the king of vampires. The most cruel and ruthless vampire.