1.1

golden silk

Hoda's eye widened at the sight, there she was in her golden silk pyjamas with JJ staring at her like he could see right through her soul.

"What are you doing here?" She raised a brow at him, not waiting for his answer she continued, "Come in."

She opened the door wider and let him in, shutting the door behind him.

He stood there awkwardly staring at his shoes, waiting for her to say something.

"Take your shoes off," She pointed out the scruffy, worn air forces that he was wearing.

He nodded politely taking his shoes off as he waited for her to say something.

She sighed at the sight of him. His eyes were red and puffy because of the alcohol and his breath reeked of the substance.

She would ask what was up with him, but he didn't look like he was in the right situation he wanted to talk.

"Here, sit down, I'll put the kettle on," She spoke, leading him through her dimly lit apartment as he looked around, knowing he wouldn't remember the sight in the morning.

Her house was decorated in black and white with an essence of gold. The apartment however represented nothing homely. Leather and suede black and white couches, black and white dining room and as expected black white kitchen area.

He sat down obediently as she went into the kitchen putting the kettle on as her mind roamed as to why he was here.

Maybe, he, like her, couldn't sleep. Or maybe after their little exchange on the roof, he had felt the need to come to see her and say something about it. Maybe, he had given into the invisible line that kept drawing them together.

She made two cups of tea and put a plate of freshly made cookies on the tray and took them into the living room where JJ was sitting staring through the window as he watched London's business die out. The stillness of the night taking over.

"I'm sorry for knocking this late at night, you were probably asleep." He apologises as she only smiles in reply.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I couldn't sleep either." She shrugs, taking her own mug as JJ takes his.

"Oh, why?"

"No reason," She lies, her hours of sleep were cut short by the constant nightmares, but thankfully she always knew she worked better during the night anyway, it gave her time to catch up on the stuff she missed during office hours.

"What about you? What are you doing knocking at my apartment door at one am?" She asked, her tone was warm and comforting and for the first time since he had turned up at her house, he lifted his head to look at her eyes.

Green, just the like freshly cut grass at the park where he remembered rolling down on, beginning of spring. Or the emerald forest where he had once gone for a school trip and had got lost in, he had taken shelter in the bark of the tree the strong scent of wood and musk comforting him. Or the mossy green river pond by his house where he would go during summer where he would go to cool down during the hot summer heatwave.

"I needed to see you," He whispered.

"Here, come on," she said, lifting her hot mug of freshly brewed tea and getting up taking his hand as she led him through the apartment through the staircase that lead to the roof.

He tried hard to not focus on the warmth of her hand or the soft feeling of comfort that rested in his cold, clammy hands.

The next time he lifted his head his breath hitched in his throat, he was stood on the roof with her standing a mere step in front of him as he stared through the glass room. The city of London under his foot.