2.8

first

Whilst Hoda and Harry were catching up over breakfast and JJ was on a plane ride to New York. 

More eventful things were happening in London.

Sharla had caught a whiff of what was happening in LA. She had heard Talia and Simons conversation about it.

"Surely he couldn't have moved on this quickly." Talia was whisper shouting to Simoon.

Talia had gotten a text from Simon that evening saying that he had something very urgent to tell her. What he hadn't expected was to get home from filming the podcast to see Sharla at their house chilling, gossiping more like, but that was none of his business.

"Talia a word." He looked Talia aside into his room but had forgotten to shut the door.

Sharla hadn't paid it no mind until JJs name came floating through the doorway, her curiosity peaked as her ears shared catching onto their conversation.

"JJs went on a date with our neighbour in LA," Simon spoke quickly and quietly, it hurt him knowing that even though he and JJ are good friends, JJ hadn't told Simon or any of the boys about her, until they had to find out through the internet and fan pages.

"Surely he couldn't have moved on this quickly." Talia was whisper shouting to Simon, she too not believing what had happened.

Sharla felt her blood boil. Talia was right, JJ couldn't have moved on so quickly from her. They had dated since high school! And he'd already moved on, going on a date with that bitch. The bitch that she suspected, from the very beginning. A wave of jealousy and hurt washed over her, not believing that she was left betrayed.

Sharla decided it would be best to leave, silently. She couldn't bear to stay in that house anymore, to listen to Simon and Talia make a mockery of her behind her back. Picking up her phone and her purse, she left.

She caught a cab from the front of the apartment complex, during the ride home there was only one thing on her mind. JJ. And how easily he moved on from her. It was unfair. For him to throw away their eight-year-long history for some girl he just met. Fuming and heartbroken was an understatement.

She was looking through the window at the sunset, tears rolling down her cheek as she thought about the first man she fell in love with, the man she had laughed and cried with, they were each other's first kiss, first proper dates, first everythings. Her phone ringtone broke her out of her thoughts.

Talia.

She cleared her throat before picking up.

"Where'd you go?" Talia's voice sounded concerned and worried. Sharla smiled, at least there was still someone on her side, someone who still cared for her well being, not him though, he couldn't give a shit less about her, being LA with the girl he just met.

"I heard it. Every word." She said, monotone not wanting to let on that she had been left triggered by what had happened.

"It's not like that, she's probably just his one night stand, he'll come back to you."

"I know he will." She muttered vengefully, "he always does."

~~~

JJ, on the other hand, had just landed in New York and with a call to Chase, it wasn't hard to find out what hotel she was staying at. He caught the first cab to her hotel and got out of the car. 

"How may I help you, sir?" The woman at the desk asked him, she looked like she was in her late twenties, her black uniform, and blond hair that fell over her shoulders, made her very pretty, but JJ wasn't concerned about her prettiness, because to him, nothing would compare to the woman he had come here for.