Chapter Eighteen.

It been two days that the tragic incident happened.

Amal has been in her room since the incident happened, she was able to eat nor drink but in tears all day. Zaitun has been so devastated seeing queen Amal in such a miserable state.

Zaitun sighed and said " my queen you need to eat something..you have not eaten anything since two days now and your skin looked pale..."

Zaitun pushing the tray of food in front of Amal.

Amal looked at Zaitun and said " my life is in so much mess and you expect me to eat. No!! I won't eat until Allah answer my prayers"  Amal pushing the tray of food back to Zaitun.

" But my queen, you can't say that you won't eat anything, you need the strength to face all this problems.. please eat even it's a little" said Zaitun with a sad face.

Amal looking at her with tears in her eyes and said " Zaitun did you believed what happened between Khalid and I"

" No my queen, I don't believe such thing happened between you two" said Zaitun even she was confused because the way they are together on the bed it so intimate.

Amal smiled at her and said " thanks Zaitun am so happy that at least someone believed me that I can't do such a thing. But I don't know why the king never believed me, he always trust me"
" You know what my queen, even the king has not being himself, he has been so sad "

Amal hummed and said " it all my fault...this shouldn't have happened but I know sooner Allah will reveal the truth and everyone will know that I and Khalid are innocent.. because I don't believed that Khalid can do this to me, he has not even entered my room before talk more of sleeping beside me In my bed"

" Certainly my queen, Allah will reveal the truth and show your innocent..but just try and eat"

" No I won't eat.. just give me only water"

" No!! For the sake Allah, please!!! Eat something" Zaitun was seriously begging her.

Amal agreed to eat. Zaitun was very happy.

Later in the day, Ajmal went to see Khalid in the cell.

Khalid was scared when he sees him standing in front of the cell gate with his two hands behind his back. Ajmal was looking at him directly in the eyes.

" My king!!! Am so happy that you finally come to see me, I'm innocent I knew nothing about what happened between queen, believe me am saying the truth" said Khalid with tears in his eyes.

Ajmal sighed and said " khalid am still finding it difficult to believe that something actually happened between you and Amal, but I want to ask you some questions and you must tell me the truth"

" Yes my king I will answer all your questions sincerely"

" Is there anything happening between you and queen Amal??"

" No! No! My king am saying the truth nothing is in-between us"
Ajmal looked at him and nod his head.

" So tell me Khalid, where did you go to? because when I came out of my study room, you were not standing at your spot"

" My king I did not go anywhere..the only thing I remember was that after queen Dina gave me an orange juice, I suddenly feels tired and sleepy but how I got into queen Amal's room I have no idea"
Ajmal hummed and said " you mean queen Dina gave you a juice?"

" Yes my king"

" So are you saying that it was queen Dina that put you in queen Amal's room after taking the juice"