Chapter 1

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of my kidnapping.

My moms and Wanda have been looking for me ever since, with no luck.

Yelena is now an Avenger and helps my moms as much as she can with whatever they need.
She is also very close with Wanda. They are like sisters.

Today is such an important day, because I have my graduation ceremony.

For those of you who don't know what that means: In the red room, the graduation ceremony is a sterilization surgery, where they remove your uterus and ovaries to stop you from having any distractions in your life. (According to them, having periods and kids is a distraction)

For the past 5 years, I've been awake but in no control over my mind and body.
The best way I can describe it is like I've been tied up in the backseat of my own mind and watching someone else drive it.
I can see and feel everything that is happening but can't do anything about it.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been working extra hard to break this hold, because I don't want to undergo the surgery but it is no use. I have learned to accept my fate but I'm afraid of what Wanda would think if we ever meet again. Will she leave me because I can't have kids? Will she be ok with it? I'm terrified......
Hell!! I don't even know if she's still waiting for me!!

The morning came and like a well oiled machine, my body got up at exactly 5 am and headed to the training room, like it has been doing for the past 5 years.

For the past 5 years, they have taught me things I didn't know were possible. They have taught me new techniques and how to efficiently and quickly kill my opponent.
They would have us fighting each other and the loser gets punished by DEATH. You have to kill your opponent in order to win the fight.

They also taught me how to use my powers to my greatest potential and capabilities.

At exactly 12 pm, they rolled me into surgery, where I was put under for the procedure to begin.

Wanda would always try to speak to me telepathically and after a couple of months, they decided to attack and kill her if she continues. So, I used all the strength I had and managed to block her completely, to stop Dreykov from knowing what was going on.
One of the main scientists, a woman, always suspected me of blocking someone and always ran tests to find out but I hid it pretty well. I can't let them find out about my family. I can't put them in danger.

I can't talk with Wanda but I am able to block her.
That's the least I can do. I mean, she was in danger because of me.
I don't know how she's doing but I hope well. She and my moms are the only reason I've been able to hold on.

I have no idea if she's moved on or not, but I still love her.
I would marry her the minute I see her if she accepts, but I can't blame her if she has moved on.
I mean, it's been 5 years and I told her to.

I was now out of surgery and into a medical room for observation.
The other graduates were kept in a room together but they wanted to keep me separate and under constant supervision, because I have powers and one of them is healing abilities.

During the entire surgery, the only thing I dreamed of was Wanda and our future together.
I saw us married, with 2 kids. We were living in a beautiful house with a dog. Ohhh what I would do to make that dream a reality......
For the past 5 years, she's the only thing that has been a constant in my dreams.

*Melina's POV*

I was called in today to do some routine lab work on a recent graduate.
Usually, other people handle stuff like this but she's special. She has great powers and is constantly trying to break free from Dreykov's hold.
I know her very well. She is constantly sent to my lab, because she always succeeds to gain some control back and wants to break from the hold, so I have to increase her dose everytime she does.