Epilogue

Two Years Later

"Princess where are you?" Xavier yells from the entrance of the door. The door, just like everything else in what was supposed to be a small cottage, was very grand.

After everything went down, Xavier showed me the cottage he built for us, right next to my mama's. It was more of a mansion then a cottage. However, Xavier made the excuse that it had to be big, because we were going to be filling it with lots of children. At the time, I was blushing to hard to argue. Unfortunately for him, his plans of filling our new home had to wait until after we got married. Until then, I stayed with mama. It was wonderful getting to be with her and take care of her. I can't help the guilt that still eats me up about what happened. Her situation was not horrible, but she still was forced to move away from everything she knew because of me. Xavier is trying to convince me that none of this was my fault and while I know the King was a evil man, I still hold some guilt. It will just take some time to more on from everything.

The wedding took place two months after Xavier and I were reunited. While we both wanted it to be sooner, our mothers wanted to plan an amazing wedding for us. And we didn't have the heart to tell them no. It was beautiful and everything we wanted. It was a small affair with just our family and closest friends in the garden where we met.

"Princess?" I just realized I had gotten lost in my thoughts and forgot to answer Xavier. He had a worried expression on his face as he surveyed my body.

This has become a request occurrence ever since I have gotten pregnant. And it has only gotten worse as the months went by. Now I am at eight months and can't move without having to fight off his help.

"I am alright." I can't hold in my laugh because I know that he only worries cause he cares so much about me. "I just got lost in my thoughts a little."

"Thoughts about what? How handsome I am?"

"Yes," I can tell my going along with his joke surprised him. " I was sitting thinking about my handsome and wonderful husband and wondering what was taking him so long to get me my ice cream with pickles?"

Saying I have been having some weird pregnancy cravings would be an understatement.

"Here you are my love. It just took a minute to convince the cook that this is really what you were wanting." We both burst out laughing. The cook has not been very happy with my food wishes lately.

"How is my beautiful baby doing?" Xavier asks while kneeling in front of my with his hands on my stomach.

"Your baby wants out." As much as I am excited about the coming of our baby and becoming parents, I am nervous about giving birth. By the look Xavier is giving me he must be able to tell.

"Everything is going to be alright. We are going to have a wonderful baby and you are going to be the best mother in the whole world. Your mama and I will be right there with you. I wish I could take the pain away from you, but I know once it is all over you will be so happy with our child."

I smile up at my husband as he calms my nerves. How did I get so lucky to have my amazing best friend be my partner in life?

~~~
Authors note: Sorry the last few chapters seem a bit rushed. I just haven't had much time to work on the story and wanted to at least have some sort of an ending. Maybe sometime soon I will be able to go back and fix any mistakes and build on what is already written. Thanks to everyone who has made it this far and I hoped you enjoyed the story!