Chapter 15: Revamp Camp

I need to focus. I cannot let thoughts of Xavier distract me. As a young girl I had always been very naive and hopeful. Not that I have changed too much over the years, but I have learned not too expect too much living with the Witmens. My current reality is Revamp Camp.

"Listen closely dear Roselyn, you must do exactly as I say. These are not the lowly people you are used to talking with. Even though this people are workers, they are still higher than you and can ruin my reputation, if you were to embarres me. Do you understand?" Logan grips my jaw and forces me to look at him.

"Yes, sir." I respond, after Logan tighten his hold on my jaw.

I have never been to any stores, besides the small markets in my old village. The building we are entering now looks very pristine. The windows are filled with jewels and gowns. Once we step in, we are immediately bombarded with people. They all start to poke and prod at me. Some are measuring me, running their hands through my hair. Worst of all, some are pointing and talking about what needs to change about my appearance.

"Well, of course we should start with a bath. We will not really know what we are dealing with until we get all this dirt off her. You really brought us a challenge with this one." An older lady, who looks to be the one in charge states. Her long grey hair is styled back in a perfect pony tail. Actually, now that I notice, all of their hair is styled in pony tails without a hair out of place. They all wear a similar black fitted dress, showing off their shared stick figures bodies. I hope they are not expecting this bath to wash off all of my chubs. My short hight defiantly makes me look small, but I have always been a little chubby. Xavier always said it was cute, but I am sure now that I am older it is not what men want. I was remind of this a few days into working for the Witmens, when Logan required that I started a diet. I've lost a few pounds, mainly in my stomach.

I was brought out of my thoughts, when I a splash of water was dumped over my head. Sputtering out the unexpected water, I look around and notice the women have ushered me into a bathing room of sorts. Soon one women begins to pull and apply soap to my hair. Another is pulling off my clothes and tossing them in the trash. That's one of my only uniforms! I can't focus on my lost uniform for long, because soon two other women are coming at me with what looks like some sort of torturing devises. Soon all the women are busy scrubbing or pulling on some part of me. It was around the time they brought out the waxing material, that I passed out. I just really wish I could be home with my mama right now.

~~~

"You look beautiful darling!" Logan cried with delight. "Doesn't she just look like a whole new person?"

The women all eagerly agreed. They still have not let me see in a mirror, but I could not care less. After I work up, I was forced into different outfits. I am still too overwhelmed to care. But I am almost done and Logan is happy with the results.

"Yes, this will do. I especially love the dress. She will have to wear it to the ball!"

"Would you like anything else sir? How about the other gowns?" I could tell how eager the ladies were to please Logan.

"Sure, about twenty of them. That should be enough to get her started. Thanks again ladies for all the help making my lady presentable."

I was whisked away before I even knew what was happening. Revamp Camp was a lot more tiring than I thought it would be. I just cannot wait for this day to end and to return to Liv and Oliver. The ball is coming up, so I need to spend as much time as I can with them. I try to spend every free moment I have with them, which it is not like I did not do that before. However, now I am reminded everyday (by Logan) that my life won't be the same after the ball.