Chapter 10: Make Her Mine Again

"What are you going on about now?" The King started with a smirk slowly growing on his face

"What are you going on about now?" The King started with a smirk slowly growing on his face. "My dear son has returned home, and I don't even get a hello."

"Where is she!" I was tired with him messing around. If I did not find my Rose soon, I was going to lose it. I did not spend years training, fighting, and away from my Rose, just to return home to this crap. "You know who I am speaking of. Tell me where she before I have to beat it out of you."

"Xavier!" My mother rushed to my side and tried to pull me back as I took threatening steps towards the King. I quickly brushed off her hands. I know she is only worried about my safety, but I will fight anyone who gets between me and my princess. Even if it happens to be my father, who is a King. I have survived and won many wars, this King, is nothing.

"I thought your time a way would teach some respect. I am your King! You are just a little boy with an obsession with some girl. I did this for your own good. Now you can focus on training and get to know princess Katerina a little better. And anyway," his smile starts to grow. I know he is really going to enjoy what he is about to say. "Your beloved Roselyn asked to leave."

"Stop lying!" I knew my princess, she would never leave behind her home, Mr. Larson, and the other maids. No matter what her feeling are towards me now, she would not leave them.

"It's true. A family friend of mine stopped by about a month ago. Rose was the maid to their son's room and I guess they just hit it off. She asked if she could go stay with them, and who am I to stand in between young love." The humor in his eyes makes me want to beat his face in.

His words hurt, but I just used it to fuel my anger. There is no way that my Rose would do that. She could not have changed that much over the years, could she?

"Well, now that is settled, why don't we throw a ball in honor of your return?" Without waiting for my response, he turned to one of the servants. "Get started on the preparations. I want the grandest ball this castle has ever seen!"

The servant scurried out of the room, looking like he was about to pass out from freight. Having enough, I storm out of the room. I don't care about what he said. Even if Roselyn found someone new.

I will find her and make her mine again.

~~~

It has been a very busy two years.

I have taken control of our military, just as the King has always wanted. But he's stupid if he thinks I have given up on my Rose. I will play his little puppet, until I get what I want.

During the few hours I am not training with my men, I am out searching for her. Now that I have authority  of the men, I also control search units. Not only that, but I've gained my men's trust and respect. No longer does the King control the guards in out Kingdom. While my father is busy training Xander and thinks I have finally started doing as he asks, I have slowing taken over. I have done almost everything that he has asked, playing the perfect son. I try to stay far away from the witch, know to most as Princess Katerina, but as the 'perfect son' I have found my self suffering through too many mind numbing dinners with her and her family. However, it will all be worth it in the end. The mighty King doesn't even notice that now all his little spies report back to me.