Chapter 8: Where Is She?

It is suddenly hard to breath

It is suddenly hard to breath. This is it. The carriage Zane and I were in just pulled in to the Castle. It's been so long since I have been back here. Years have gone by, but the only thing I truly miss about this place is my princess. Rose has been on my mind this entire trip, actually since the moment I met her.

"What's going on out there? Is that your mother?" Zane's questions brought me out of my thoughts. Looking out the window of the carriage, I saw my mother running down the steps of the castle. Once the carriage was parked, I jumped out to see what was the matter. Now that I was out of the carriage, I could here my mother shouting at another carriage to stop. However, it was too late. The carriage was already peeling out of gates.

"What's wrong mother?" My voice must have surprised her because she jumped in shock. Finally seeing me for the first time in years, she froze. Her eyes grew large and it looked like she was having trouble breathing.

"Xavier." Her voice sounded breathless. "Baby your back!" What ever was bothering her before, now seemed to be forgotten. All of a sudden she was charging towards me. Trying to wrap her arms around me, I couldn't help but laugh. I have always been large, but these past years doing nothing but training and fights has cause my figure to completely dwarf hers. "Wow look how strong you have gotten. Your no longer my little boy." And now the tears have started.

"He was never a little boy mother." Xander laughed as he met mother and I at the bottom of the steps. We shared a shared a humor filled look before nodding at each other in creating. "Zane." Xander sent a nod towards our uncle.

"Xander." Zane returns as he also nods.

"Okay, enough of these weird 'I'm-too-cool-to-say-hello' nods." My mother rushed out. Still trying to squeeze the life out of me. She and I both know this hug is a rare occurrence that I am only allowing since she is my mother. "Let's head inside and get these men settled."

I begin to argue, wanting to just go and find Rose, but remember that I have been traveling for days without stopping long enough to wash up. I decided I would freshen up, so I did not scare my princess with my smell.

~~~~~~~~

I tried to hurry while getting ready, but it seemed my mother was too busy wanting to ask about what I was doing every minute that I have been away. It did not help that whenever we passed someone, they felt the need to talk and tell me how much they missed me. I never even talked to them while I lived here, what makes them think I wanted to now.

"Mother please! I just want to freshen up and then go find Rose." Finally voicing my thoughts to her. Realization crossed her faces, replaced with excitement and then horror. The last one confused and worried me. "What is it mother?"

"You can't see her. I tried to stop them, I really did. I was too late. He told me it's what she wanted, but I just couldn't understand. She wouldn't talk with me, she never did anymore. I knew it was hard, you being away, but we could of had each other. I know he has been messing around again, but he said if I did not stay away he would not let her mother work here anymore. And what good could I do for them, if he sent them away?" Not understanding what she was trying to say, I interrupted her.

"What are you talking about mother? Where is Rose?" I know she could hear the worry in my voice. I usually do not let others know how I am feeling, but I do not have time to think about that now. If my little Rose is in trouble, I need to know.

"She's gone Xavier. I am so sorry." Now she was full on bawling.

"Mother! You need to tell me exactly what is going on right now." I tried to control my anger, but the only person who can do that is supposedly gone.

"It all started when you left. I tried to reach out to her, to tell her what happened, but she kept avoiding me. I tried to get her mother to make Rose speak with me, Xander even tried talking with her, but she continued to stay away. Your father soon caught word of what I was doing and threatened to fire her mother and send them away, if I continued. I had a few of my trusted guards watching over her, but that's the most I could do. All they would report back is she would spend time at her house, or when she was here, she was with that stable boy. When she became a maid at the castle, I was hoping we would run into each other, but your father made sure that never happened. Today, my guards told me that your father had called for Rosy in the throne room. For obvious reasons, I became worried and immediately went to find them. However, I was too late. That is what you saw, when you arrived. They were already leaving. He said that it was what they wanted, but I am sure it was because you were returning. That's why I was so surprised when I saw you. He never told us that you were coming back."

"She was right in front of us and you never told me!" It was hard to hold back my anger after hearing all that my Rose has been through, but I finally broke. "I could have stopped her! Why did you not say anything?"

"It is not her fault! Control yourself Xavier. I am just hearing of everything also. The King kept all of us in the dark about his plans. Fighting will only waist time." Xander commanded as he and Zane joined us in my room. I know he was right, but I could not help being angry at all of them for allowing this to happen.

"Where is father?" After hearing the seriousness in my voice they all began to lead me to the throne room. I have always had anger issues, but Zane knew how dangerous I had become over the last few years. Once we finally enter the throne room, I set my glare on our mighty King.

"Where is she?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Chapter 8!!
Word Count: 1077
🌹