Chapter 4: Death threats, Car rides and Phone numbers

It was currently six pm, hours after the race and Kit was still at the track. At least most of the crowds and the crews had gone so it was some level of peaceful.

Kit had to stay due to her having quite a lot more interviews than she first thought. She also had to stay at the track until she could get an uber to the hotel as George who was her ride had left early as he had something thing else to do.

She had grabbed her backpack and changed and was now walking around the pits. She turned the corner to walk onto the grassy hill in front of the grand stands and promptly walked into someone.

"We have to stop meeting like this." Pierre's french accent filled her ears and Kit looked up to see he was who she ran into.

"Yeah, sorry I walked into you, I was going to sit on the hill until my uber arrived." Kit apologized.

It's fine, but why are you getting an uber, I thought George would take you?" Pierre asked.

Yeah, well no George left already as he had some stuff to do."

"Oh, I can take you?" Pierre offered, "We are staying at the same hotel after all."

"If you wouldn't mind." Kit said.

"Of course not. Just let me finish packing my stuff and we'll be good to go."

"Alrighty then, I'll wait for you under the grandstands."

Pierre nodded and they set off on their ways.

Fifteen minutes went by and Pierre had finally grabbed all his stuff, so he made his way out to where Kit was. As she said she would be, she was sitting on the grass under the grandstands.

"Hey again." Pierre said sitting down next to her.

"Oh hi!" Kit grinned when she noticed him.

"Can we sit here for a bit?" Kit asked the Frenchman.

"Sure." He agreed, "I don't have to leave straight away and I'm guessing you don't have to either."

They sat there quietly until Pierre decided to speak up. "So I wanna talk about the death threats comment, who's been sending them to you?"

"Oh, nobody just misogynist or jealous fans who think I'm shit at driving or that I'm only in formula 1 because I'm fucking drivers or my bosses." Kit laughed bitterly.

"Fucking dickheads." Pierre swore."People should know their places and realize that women can have talents too."

"I know, but that's life." Kit responded.

"Not it's not just life, people like you should have to put up with shit like that." Replied Pierre,"like i said before you have your support system around you when things get hard."

"Thanks Pierre." Kit said greatfully and then yawned.

"No problem, but we better head to the hotel, I don't know what time your flight is but mine is early as hell."

"Yeah well you have to travel further than me, at least I'm in the same country." Kit said standing up. She offered a hand to Pierre and he took it.

"Nice car." Kit whistled when she saw the Nsx Pierre had rented.

"Thanks." he said opening the boot to chuck his stuff in. " It's a different model to the one I actually have though."

"Oh nice." Kit said chucking her stuff in too.

Pierre started the car and began to reverse out of the parking spot they were in. Kit blushed as he did so, he was one of the type of guys to put his hand on the back of your seat when reversing.

Pierre turned to face Kit and started chuckling. "What?" She asked." Do I have something on my face?"

"Uh no, you're just blushing." Pierre said.

"Oh uh okay then." Kit hid her face in Pierre's hoodie.

Pierre only laughed again and drove off.

Most of the ride back to the hotel was filled with polite conversation and jokes, Pierre making Kit laugh several times.

Although Kit must have fallen asleep during the ride back to the hotel as she felt the car stop and a gentle hand shaking her shoulder. She opened her eyes and met with a smiling Pierre. "You were tired huh?" He said.

"Uh yeah, I guess I was."

"Alright then, we're here." Kit looked up and out the window to see they were in the hotel's garage.

"Okie dokie then." Kit got out of the car and grabbed her stuff. Pierre did the same and they headed inside and over to the elevator.

"What floor do you need?" Pierre asked Kit before he pressed any of the buttons."

"Uh 4."

"Oh huh, same." Pierre responded pressing the level 4 button.

They then stood in the elevator awkwardly, wondering where the sudden tension came from.

"Hey Kit," Pierre started, "Can I get your number?"

"Huh?" Kit spun around so she was facing him fully.

"I asked whether I could get your number?" Pierre repeated himself, "It's all good if I can't."

"Oh of course, we are friends now and I need to be able to access you some way to get my coffee." Kit said with a wink.

The two quickly swapped phones and had just finished putting their numbers in when the elevator dinged. They handed eachothers phones back and Kit followed Pierre down the hallway. When he stopped outside her room Kit was confused but apparently Pierre caught on quicker.

"We are idiots." He laughed, "our rooms are right across from eachother and we didn't notice."

"Oh, to be fair I was dead tired when I got back last night and you were down for breakfast before me this morning." Kit reasoned.

"Alright then, do you wanna hang out now?"

"No, I actually can't sorry, I'm hanging out with the Speedy Bois to make up for them not getting breakfast with me."

"Okay then, see you next week?" Pierre said resting on his door frame.

"See you next week." Kit confirmed opening her room door and giving Pierre a little wave before she disappeared inside.