The Wedding + New book?

Pierre and Kit chose to do something different from their engagement for their wedding they chose a venue in the south of France in summer to get married. They were set to get married on their engagement anniversary, the 10th of august.

After lots of discussion between the couple and their parents, they had decided to marry at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-roc in Antibes as it would have enough room for all their guests. Their close family was invited as well as the entire current grid and a couple of other drivers and friends. 

Kit Dunn was nervously pacing the floor, well as much as she could in her big off the shoulder wedding dress. The bodice was lacy and covered in flowers that descended onto the poofy skirt, Kit had fallen in love with the dress at first sight and now it was finally time to wear it. 

Meanwhile in a hotel room, the floor above, Pierre Gasly was anxiously doing the same thing as his best man Charles Leclerc watched on. 

 "Calmar you're about to get married to the love of your life, maybe you should se détendre." Charles commented. 

Pierre stopped and looked at his best friend, incredulously. "Je ne sais pas me détendre!"

"Right, right sorry." Charles apologized. "Just go out there and show Kit how much you love her, don't care about any of us watching, it's your special day." 

"Right thanks mate." Pierre sighed. 

There was a brief knock at the door before it swung open to reveal George. "Hey lads, it's time." 

Pierre and Charles shared one last look before they made their way out of the hotel room.

The Ceremony was beautiful, held outside  in one of the many gardens of the hotel property (under the glow of the setting sun). Dry eyes became increasingly hard to see as Kit floated down the aisle towards her soon to be husband.

 Their vows were exchanged in a heartfelt manner sealed with matching promises to love each other forever more. The crowd burst into cheers loud enough to rival either one of their formula one cars as they kissed. 

The couple were allowed a few minutes peace as they left back to their hotel room to get changed for the reception. Kit changed into a light blue off the shoulder mini dress, similar to her wedding gown while Pierre traded his white shirt for a light blue one to match. 

Once the couple were changed it was time to begin the Reception party, held in one of the two ballrooms of the hotel. a few of the wedding guests had left so now it was just the couple, the whole entire grid and a few of Kit and Pierre's friends. 

They led the first dance to the Piano version of one of Kit's favourite songs, Kiss Me, as it was the first thing they had decided on for their wedding. After the first dance everything was paused as Charles, George and Max made their speeches. 

From there on it was all about celebrating the couple and having a good time, music was blasting and drinks were being steadily poured. Kit and Pierre were wrapped up in the atmosphere, huge grins on their faces as their fairytale day began to end. 

Kit and Pierre's love story may have been ending like the final pages of a book but across the room another was beginning to start.  

Oscar Piastri was surprised when he was invited to Kit and Pierre's wedding, he was a member of the grid sure, but it wasn't like he was close to the Alpine or Mercedes drivers. Yet here he was standing in a corner of the ballroom during their reception with a drink in his hand. 

He may have been a laidback guy but he wasn't about to go dance in front of a room of people he had barely know a few months. Instead he was talking to Logan and Zhou about racing of course but as the conversation transferred topics to how great of a couple Kit and Pierre are, his attention began to wonder. 

His eyes darted around the room until his eyes locked onto the sight of a girl sitting at one of the banquet tables by herself. She too was looking around the room in amazement, until she wasn't. Her eyes transfixed on Oscar's form in the corner of the room. 

translations

"se détendre." - Relax 

"Je ne sais pas me détendre!" - "I don't know how to relax!" 

Final notes: 

Well as you guys may have guessed this is the end of  Race Tracks and Coffee Cups. I have had so much fun writing this book and sharing my love for Pierre with you all. I started writing this book almost 2 years ago and it's been amazing to have so much support on something that I was doing to polish my skills as a writer. 

Now I may write some bonus chapters for this book but at the moment I will be turning to writing my next book, Coincide (I've included a snippet above) featuring Oscar Piastri! I thought it was fitting to write about my fellow aussie so stay tuned for that, hopefully coming soon. just don't expect updates to be regular (I don't think I have that skill ahaha) 

Now if you ever want to get in touch with me I have a twitter account! i'm always lurking so come say hi! it's the same user as this account!

Sincerely and with love, 

Mads_Aster