Chapter 19: Meeting new people and Fast Ferraris

Kit and Pierre got back to the apartment after their date and was immediately told by Charles who had just got off the phone with Max, that they were organizing a dinner with the other drivers for tonight.

Kit was a little grumpy that she had to go outside again after her social battery was already drained, but at least she would be spending the evening with good company.

It was only 4pm so Kit had some time to chill and ice her wrist again before getting ready.

The boys however decided to start a Mario Kart competition to see who was the better (virtual) driver.

Kit sat down on Charles' couch, nestling into it while she the two boys beside her pick their character. Once they picked their character's the boys did rock paper scissors to decide who was going to pick the grand prix.

In the end Charles was victorious and chose the mushroom grand prix. The boys battled on every map and there were quite a few curse words thrown around when one blue shelled another.

Kit watched the racing with a smile on her face but quickly had to move off the couch as the boys began to push eachother back and forth like children.

"Guys!" Kit said exasperated as Charles was nearly shoved onto the floor. She threw her arms up in the air, causing her to drop the now melted ice pack. "Stop acting like children! We have to get ready to go out soon anyway."

The boys both rolled their eyes, "sorry mom."

Kit, in retaliation, threw the melted icepack at Charles and Pierre. Her aim was correct and she smacked Pierre in the face with the pack before it bounced off and landed on Charles' lap.

Kit burst into laughter."Whoops." she sarcastically said. "That totally wasn't meant to do that."

"And you told me were bad at dogeball in gym class." Protested Pierre who was rubbing at his nose.

"That's because I was! I got hurt like every lesson."

Charles cut in before the two started fighting, "all right you two shush before you start fighting and Kit go put the ice pack away." Kit nodded and Charles chucked the ice pack at her so she could go put it back.

Kit put the ice pack back in the freezer and then announced she was going to get changed and get ready for the dinner.

She rifled through her suitcase, trying to find the shirt she was sure she had packed. Kit sighed when she realized she had forgotten to pack that particular shirt and now had to find something different to wear.

In the end she chose a black bra with a sheer black long sleeve over the top and jeans. It was a simple and casual outfit, which Kit preferred over something fancy. They were only going out to dinner with a few of the other drivers so she didn't need anything too fancy.

Once she was dressed, Kit brushed through her hair again and left the guest room. When she walked back out into the living room she saw that Charles had changed into something more presentable and Pierre was wearing a jacket he had clearly borrowed from his best friend.

"All right mates, we ready to go?" Kit asked, interrupting their conversation.

"Of course mate." Charles responded and Kit rolled her eyes.

"Please don't ever say mate again, it's an insult to my country." Kit joked placing a hand on her chest.

"Would you rather I tried to say G'day instead?"

Kit scrunched her nose up in disgust. "Okay no I'm leaving." She grabbed her bag and headed for the front door.

The two boys looked at eachother and laughed, thinking she was joking. When the front door slammed shut their looks turned sour. "Wait, she wasn't joking?" Pierre said and they scrambled to pick up their belongings and made a run for the apartment door.