Chapter 22: "celebration central"

Kit and Lily headed straight back the hotel so they could get ready for the Mercedes dinner and to go party.

Once they had decided on outfits that were appropriate for both the team dinner and partying, they did their makeup, it didn't take Kit very long, so she uploaded her weekend photo dump to insta.

Once Lily was ready, they left to go to the nearby restaurant where the dinner was being held.

There were a few people there but not many, so they probably weren't as late as they thought they were.

Kit sat herself down near the middle of the table, next to Toto's wife, Susie. Lily followed suit and sat down beside her.

They made polite conversation with Susie, just chatting about the weekend and how Toto and Susie's son Jack was doing.

The three talked for a while before the food was served. Kit made sure to get plenty of food for her and Lily as she knew they would be drinking later.

The dinner was fun and lighthearted and Kit really enjoyed it. So much so that she forgot what time they were meeting the boys at the club, the 5 missed calls proved that.

So Kit and Lily left the restaurant after saying a quick goodbye to the rest of the members in Kit's team for the weekend. They met the boys outside the club a couple blocks away.

George, Max, Daniel, Lando, Charles and Pierre were all standing outside the club, talking in a big group when Kit and Lily rocked up.

"Hope you guys weren't waiting too long, we got held up." Kit apologized.

"No worries, Kit, we've entertained ourselves so far." George replied, ever the gentleman. 

"Shall we go in now?" Lily asked.

Everybody agreed and so the group headed into the brightly lit nightclub, ready for a good night out. 

On the way through the entrance doors Kit spoke to the bouncer about getting a private area for her and her friends. The bouncer agreed once he realized who they were (as he was a formula one fan himself) and showed the group to a VIP lounge at the back of the club. 

Once everyone was remotely comfy a few of the boys went to grab drinks for everyone. they returned a few minutes later and Kit eagerly grabbed her drink from Pierre. 

"Thanks, loverboy." She said before taking a sip of her drink. 

"Anytime, Amour." Pierre smiled back at her. 

After drinking and chatting for a bit the group decided to go dance. they split up into smaller groups and made their way to the dance floor.

Kit ended up with Lily and Charles. They danced happily to the dance remixes playing over the stereo system.

Clearly everyone else had the same ideas as the drivers because the dance floor became crowded quickly.

After a few minutes of dancing Kit decided she needed to leave the dance floor.

Kit stumbled over to the bar and sat down on one of the stools. She had decided that she would drink tonight to celebrate her win and now she was tipsy. Not drunk just tipsy.

A bartender placed a Preordered drink in front of her and she took a quick sip.

"Hello amour."

Kit spun around to see Pierre standing behind her.

"I bet I could out drink you." Pierre smiled, holding a almost full drink himself.

"You sure?"

They began chugging their drinks which was a mistake.

Kit just managed to finish her drink before Pierre and slamed the glass down on the bar. She then began coughing from having drank her drink so quickly.

Pierre just softly laughed at her as he put his own glass down on the bar.

"Not trying that trick again." Kit mumbled.

"Why not?" You did win, twice today I might add." Pierre said.

"Yes, yes I did." Kit smirked. "Fair and square too."

Pierre stepped closer to where Kit was sitting and placed his hand on Kit's cheek. "I am so proud of you, you know that right?" He said.

Kit looked up at him and softly whispered, "of course loverboy."

Pierre kissed Kit gently, barest of touches before it deepened. They wrapped their arms around each other before breaking off, lightly gasping.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Pierre asked.

"Sure." Kit slipped off the seat and Pierre took her hand in his.