Chapter 1 - Part 1 "Incident"

Ayanokouji POV

It was a weekend. The special exam that took place at the training camp had just ended. For many, it was a suitable time to relax. I was walking along the inside of Keyaki Mall. I had just split off with Haruka, Airi, Keisei, and Akito. I was just looking around when I saw something in the corner of my eye, something that did definitely did not belong here.

A magic circle. It was on a section of the mall where not many people would walk around. It was in a small store that would become permanently closed in a few days. The grille gate was more than halfway down. I just saw a reflection of it on a glass case containing what used to be sold there.

I needed to confirm what I saw. If there really was a magic circle here, then that means that there would be a mage here. I cannot let magecraft affect this school. My yearning for a peaceful life could be obstructed.

I entered the store without no one noticing. I found no signs of a person recently being here. The place of the magic circle was restricted to employees only. I investigated it for quite a bit while looking around in case anyone notices me. The magic circle seemed to be old. Dust covered it. It seems that it was just ignored. There was a rolled-up carpet that used to cover it over the corner.

Hmm? What's this? Something was on the magic circle, it looked like a piece of glass or crystal. It was small, barely larger than the size of a rice grain. It seemed to be a fragment of something. Some would easily discard this information, but it was eerily placed on the center. There were no other pieces or fragments.

A single piece was just lying in the middle of the magic circle. I tried to get a closer look but then the magic circle began to glow. I tried to contain whatever this magic circle would do with magecraft, but it was ineffective. The next moment, red markings appeared on my left hand and a bright light swallowed the room. Hopefully, no one should be able to see this at this section of the mall.

"..."

After the flash, I was surprised to find a woman in front of me.

"Servant, Berserker. I have answered your summons."

I then realized the situation I got myself into.

"... How troublesome."