Chapter 1 - Part 3 "Magi"

??? POV

"Lancer, look's like another Servant has been summoned. Only one more Servant to be summoned, and the Holy Grail War officially begins. Let's try and find the magus who summoned the latest one, but don't engage. We should just observe first."

"Sure thing missy. I hope we won't be noticed. It'll be a pain if I have to fight before the war even starts."

The Servant I summoned answered in a carefree tone.

"What an attitude. I thought you would have a much more dignified personality."

"Good grief. You know you really should go easy on this old man."

"I would if you were actually that old. But... Tokyo is a very large place. We'll never encounter another magus that easily. The weakness of every magus is that they have to hide the mystical from the general public. We already made a rough survey of the forests and grasslands. We found where few magi were, but there's no guarantee that they would be the Masters we were looking for."

I looked on the large map of Tokyo that I had stuck to a whiteboard. The urban areas were colored gray and the forests, croplands, and grasslands were colored in different shades of green.

"I see. There's also the problem of locating Masters in the city. There are millions of people."

"And even if we did manage to find a Master in the city, there's a high chance that there would be people around. It would be hard to engage in a fight between Servants and not be seen."

"Well, it's not like concealing yourself in a public place until the rest of the Masters and Servants have already killed each other is a bad tactic. But, they still need to be the one to deal the final blow."

"*Sigh* If only we could convince Assassin to kill any Master found in the city, or if I had summoned an Assassin-class Servant instead."

I would've thought my Servant would've remarked something, but instead he asked a question?

"Hey missy, are there any abandoned places or places rarely visit here?"

"There should be a couple of buildings, then there are places that don't let anyone come in like... "

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School... Now that I think about it, that's a great place to hide in a Holy Grail War. The security there is very strict, and it's very isolated. If I could use that place as a base of operations, I might be safe for the majority of the war. Though, I should scout it out first in case any Master had the same idea.

Ayanokouji POV

It was now nighttime. We had finished discussing the details of a Holy Grail War. We were already in my room. As she entered, her veil and crowned dissipated into thin air as flickers of light. Her face was now unobstructed. She was undoubtedly beautiful.

With nothing to do and suddenly becoming starving, I started preparing dinner.

"Berserker, would you like to have dinner?"

I asked in case she did, she wanted to be treated as royalty after all.

"Of course."

Looks like I was right on the money. I should start trying to conserve some private points for her own needs. It's a hassle but it can't be helped. After I finished cooking, we both sat down at the table and started eating. Though I gave her a knife and fork instead of chopsticks.

"My husband, tell me. What is your status as a magus?"

She started up a conversation while we were eating.