Chapter 1 - Part 4 "Catalyst"

Ayanokouji POV

I let my back fall on the bed as today's events made me more tired than I realized. I closed my eyes for a bit when I heard a 'thud' on the bed. Morgan was fixing her position when I opened my eyes. The outfit she was wearing earlier that had long garments was nowhere to be seen. She had her hair down and she was now wearing a dress that was of the same color palette. I guess this was her preference for her clothes.

Crap.

Servants didn't need sleep. They could just stay in their spirit form to conserve mana. However, the person beside me wanted to be treated as a queen. I'll indulge her wish for now. I grabbed the blanket and put it over the both of us.

I haven't shared a bed with anyone yet, especially not with a girl. This should be a new experience for me, but it's a little unnerving. To add fuel to the fire, she even calls me her husband.

I stared at the ceiling trying to think of anything else for about thirty minutes. Thankfully, exhaustion got the better of me. The amount of magical power she consumed just today was taking its toll.

"You're coming in at a rather late time."

It was now morning. As I entered the classroom and sat down, I was greeted by my neighbor. She seemed to be annoyed at the prospect of nearly arriving late. I already had a merciless queen at home and she's a lot nicer than you.

"Were you thinking of something rude, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"No, not at all. But to plead my case, I had slept a bit late last night."

"Oh? I don't recall a special exam going on. Did something happen?"

"Nothing much, I just stumbled upon something that took up a lot of my time yesterday. It's not anything school-related that you should worry about it."

'My husband, couldn't you have worded your sentence better. For example, saying that you stumbled upon something very fortunate.'

I heard Morgan's voice in my head. That's to be expected from the legendary sorceress queen. A spell that allows for long-distance communication through sharing information from the senses. We both can only hear what the other does. It wasn't necessary to be near each other's presence.

"Sorry. If I were to put more details in, she may have questioned me. I can definitely hear her asking 'Fortunate?' or something along those lines."

I whispered to myself.

"Ayanokouji-kun, is it related to why your hand is covered in bandages?"

I had used bandages to hide my command spells for now. But, I would have to think of alternatives later on.

"No, I just accidentally cut myself on a sharp object."

"Then you wouldn't mind me asking. You knew, didn't you? You were on good terms with Hirata-kun and Karuizawa-san, right?."

She was bringing up a topic that the girls of the classroom were discussing earlier.

"It was their private affair. How would I know? And it's not something I would pay attention to"

Looks like Kei cut things off with Hirata. But it's something that's not worth looking into at the moment. The more important matter at hand was the fact that I was participating in a battle for the Holy Grail. School matters and special exams won't be as important when the Grail grants my desire to be free. Frankly, I wouldn't mind being expelled if it does grant it. There would be no one awaiting me outside this school if it did.

"Then... have you heard anything about Ichinose's situation?"

Horikita suddenly brought about a topic regarding Class B.