Chapter 3 - Part 1 "Plan"

Ayanokouji POV

The wolf retreated into the forest as the Servant with a gargantuan build came back from the dead. Not only did the laceration on his neck close up, but so did the punctures from the wolf’s teeth that ran across his arms, and the slash that was on his chest was now nowhere to be found as if he never participated in a battle in the first place.

This Servant had already exhibited his monstrous strength. Now, he had showcased another ability that seemed troublesome. Judging from the amount of magical energy that surged from his body, it was most likely a Noble Phantasm.

However, it didn’t seem to me that it would be his only one. Achilles possessed multiple, it wouldn’t be unusual to conclude that Heracles would also have a few.

He never once had the intention of using the sword he carries on his back. It appeared finely crafted and ornamented. Moreover, it was currently the thing that caught Morgan’s attention.

I cut off the spell that connected our perception and opened my eyes. The pain in my head didn’t surface. It seems the culprit in that case was the wolf.

"Did you bring my glasses?"

I asked Morgan since I had left the pair in my dorm room and she had used her Transportation Magecraft several times this night.

"Here they are."

I immediately wore them once she handed them to me.

"You're a Master, correct?"

The lone Servant posed a question directed at me.

"What if I am?"

"Then I won't harm you. I would prefer to fight other Servants, but not right now."

There was no deception to be found in his words. It looks as though this particular person is one that enjoys a fair fight.

"So, what brings you here then?"

"I came across that beast already. I was just making sure it didn't get out of control. After all, one more Servant is yet to be summoned."

The other Servants looked appalled at his actions. He didn't want to have an advantage when it comes to fighting.

But a curious thought had entered my mind.

"What does your Master think of this? Does she agree with your approach?"

"No, they wholeheartedly opposed my philosophy. But, that won't stop me."

He said those as he started walking in the opposite direction and returned to his spirit form. This encounter provided me with essential information about the strong contenders. He was indeed an admirable hero. However, those traits may be the key to his defeat.

"How disappointing, I wanted to fight him already but he doesn't seem to be interested. Well, it can't be helped. On another note... this is your Servant, huh?"

Archer remarked, dejected by the notion that she couldn't fight the divine hero. On the other hand, she had her gaze cast upon Morgan. This was their first time meeting after all. Hopefully, she won't be too fired up.

"Regardless of the situation at hand, let's regroup with the others."

"Got it."

Immediately after responding she materialized a matchlock and fired it off in the distance. She then started walking towards the mansion.

We followed her and met up with the other two Masters after a few minutes.

"Couldn't you find a better way to signal that the coast was clear? You could have killed us!"