Chapter 2 - Part 6 "Mystic Eyes"

Ayanokouji POV

"Ayanokouji-kun, is there something wrong with your eyes?"

As soon, I sat on my designated chair, my seatmate asked me a question.

"It's very hard to escape the outcome of your genes."

"I thought you possessed excellent eyesight."

"When did I ever say claim that? I just figured it wouldn't be good for me if I continued to see with my imperfect vision. If you want, you can even check the glasses."

Apparently, in the process of making this, Morgan referred to the other students who wore glasses. She didn't approach them. She just observed them through our shared sight. Although, she couldn't see the Lines of Death on her end.

The glasses worked like ordinary ones. But since I didn't need glasses in the first place, Morgan made this Mystic Code refract the altered light so that the effect of the lenses was negated when I wear it. The Mystic Code won't work for anyone else other and it would like normal prescription glasses.

A few classmates looked at me with curiosity, although, most would stop after some time. But Satou and Kei kept glimpsing at me from time to time.

I spent my time observing the surroundings. It's certainly a better image. I've spent quite a bit longer walking along the path just seeing the difference with this Mystic Code.

"It's quite noisy."

"Of course they are, it's due to the outrageous rumors that came this morning."

"Rumors? Are there any new ones about Ichinose?"

"No, they're new ones that are causing the chaos in Class C."

Of course, I already had knowledge of this. I was the one who posted the rumors, albeit omitting one rumor involving me. It would certainly put more pressure on Hashimoto, but I don't want to draw any more attention to me because I have another battle to fight.

The rumors caused a bit of a commotion. In spite of that, I had no real reason to get involved. Horikita asked me what I would do, but I just said that I didn't care much about it.

Today is the day for the provisional exam and Ichinose was still absent.

I haven't made a move last night. Neither for school nor the Holy Grail War... How very unlike me...

I planned to visit Ichinose last night to try and confirm her situation. Despite that, I still used up all my time doing nothing but stare at the night along with Morgan. I wonder...

As the situation died down a little and more students the Ayanokouji Group became curious about my glasses.

"When did you get a new look Kiyopon?"

"This isn't just a new look. These aren't fake."

"Really? I never would have thought you would be needing glasses."

"Well, it also surprised me how my vision cleared when I wore these glasses."

"I see. Well, then do you want to join us later?"

"Sorry, I'm not going to make it. I have something else to do later."

The rest of the day passed by and I had to forgo meeting Kanzaki and Horikita. Although, Hashimoto still seemed to be tailing me.

"When did you get glasses?"

The person that approached and asked me this was Himeno. We were in clear view of Hashimoto, but frankly, I didn't care much.

"Yesterday. It's not that big of a deal."

"By the way, what are you going to teach me now? You've taught me the basics of magecraft. A magus usually specializes in a specific magecraft, right?"

We lowered our voices when we were talking about magecraft.

"That depends on you. Your number of magic circuits are above average than a normal magus. All you need is to improve their quality. What type of magecraft do you want to specialize at?"

"I was going to ask you what type of magecraft you and Euthemia use."

"Well, from what I've seen. She specializes in controlling the flow of liquids. More precisely, a Mystic Code that is in the form of a liquid. On the other hand, I use magecraft for basic things such as enhancing my physical ability and mental aptitude."

"I don't know too much yet. But I'd rather use magecraft like yours to make my life easier. I don't think I'm one to keep staying dedicated to researching something."

"I see. Do you also want to learn the Chairman's spell to convince others?"

"Well, that would be useful..."

"For avoiding being roped in with your friends, right?"

"How did you?... "

"It's simply the fact that your personality isn't exactly compatible with Class B's atmosphere. You're just trying not to break that since the class heavily relies on it."

"Well, that's just my situation."

"Don't worry, I'll teach you that type of magecraft."

"Oh also, how was your Valentine's?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well... Aren't you married?... "

"... Right..."

"How in the world did that happen in the first place?"

"I'll tell you that when I finally explain what a Servant is to you."

"I see."

"Right, for this evening I'm the only one teaching. So, what type of spell do you want me to teach you later?"

"How about the one that enhances your thought process?"

"I got it."

"I just thought about it now, but are those glasses a Mystic Code?"

"What makes you think that?"

"It's weird that you suddenly had time to get your eyes tested. You've been busy all weekend. Last night was the only time you had available to check your eyes."

Himeno tried to see if my glasses were authentic. She reached her hand out, but I stopped her hand from reaching. Then, she froze in place.

"Himeno?"

"..."

"... What the hell?"

"Even if you say that... What happened?"

"Eh? I think I just saw you and your wife staring vacantly in the night."

"What do you mean?"

"I meant I saw it in a bubble."

"I see. When I touched your arm, you saw that vision. That was something that happened last night. That means..."

"What is it?... "

"How unexpected. You possess Mystic Eyes."

A/N: Sorry, for two consecutive days of no updates. I suddenly gained a lot to do, so it might take longer for the parts to come out.