Chapter 2 - Part 4 "Like True Magic"

Ayanokouji POV

"Try harder."

It was currently Thursday. I was currently teaching the basics of magecraft to Himeno, a Class B student who witnessed our battle with Lancer. Speaking of which...

"Isn't she doing well enough for her first time? You are such a rough teacher."

Lancer's Master was also in my room accompanying me in teaching and Lancer was guarding the outside of the dorm room.

Apparently, she was also confronted by the chairman yesterday. Her last name was a massive giveaway that a magus was on school grounds. The chairman asked if she was one of the perpetrators of that incident, the other being me. She tried to apologize and pay for the damages, but then the chairman asked what she would do to the Master living in the school. When she told him that she was trying to make an alliance with me, he gave the idea of mentoring Himeno alongside me because she was also at fault for the damage on that incident.

"She's already a bit late in learning magecraft, right? Then it certainly wouldn't hurt."

"At this point, you would just be straining her too much."

"I got it."

I didn't know how an average magus would be taught. I learned everything in 'that' place after all.

"By the way, why do you two keep referring to it as magecraft instead of just magic?"

"Listen, Magic is classified as the pinnacle of magecraft. True Magic can only be attained by a few people, the gifted among the gifted. It's usually about manipulating large concepts such as space and time. It's nearly impossible to attain."

The next second, I received a text message from Horikita. It seems she wanted to meet with Kanzaki, Ichinose, Hirata, and me in her room.

"What is it? Apparently, our class leaders are having a meeting."

"Wait, are you going?"

Himeno asked. It seems that she still had something to say.

"Well, I've been forced to. I'm still considering whether I should go or not."

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I know this is a bit much, but since our classes are in a cooperative relationship, can you help her?"

"You mean Ichinose?"

She nodded her head. Though I may have shown her magecraft, I have not shown her my capabilities as a student here.

"What would I even be able to do?"

"Don't you have any magecraft that eases her mind or something?"

"That's not a magecraft I practice but... I'll try to see if I can do something."

"Classrooms in a cooperative relationship... There is something more to this school, right? You're quite the busy Master."

Euthemia asked curiously about school matters.

"Well, I'm heading to Horikita's room."

"I'm coming with you."

Surprisingly, it was the person elegantly sitting on the bed who said that, and not Himeno. Morgan had been rather silent when these two arrived.

"You know you're not supposed to be seen by others right? And there's simply no need for you to."

"My husband, are you saying I should remain here with Lancer's Master as Lancer is just behind that door?"

"Husband?!"

The other two that weren't in the conversation shouted. I see, I guess Morgan hadn't really spoken as these two entered.

"Fine, but please try and hide your presence. And you two, please keep your voices down. I've already soundproofed the room, but it's not going to cancel out all the noise."

"How couldn't we?! You do know what Servants are, right?"

"Yeah. You just dropped a huge bomb on us. You're married? Isn't it a bit too early?"

"Of course I know what a Servant is. Now please excuse me, I'm going to be late for the meeting. Please teach her in my stead."

"He just... ignored us."

I left the room without missing a step and Morgan followed after me. We went to the meeting and we came back right after. The rest of the night went to teaching Himeno the basics of magecraft.

The next day, there was a letter sent to every first-year student. The words 'Ichinose is a criminal' were the only thing the letter contained. Himeno will probably be bringing up this topic later. But as I was heading towards my dorm room, I was encountering a problem. There was a person following me very closely. It was Kamuro, Sakayanagi's companion. She wasn't at all hiding the fact, it seemed she wanted to meet in my room.

This was bad. It would've been fine if only Morgan was in my room, she could easily turn into her spirit form. But, Euthemia and Himeno were both there. As I was approaching the door to my room, I whispered something to myself, while I was facing the door, to not let her see my lips move. Morgan and I still had the sensory-sharing spell activated.

What a pain.

Euthemia POV

A moment ago, I was just teaching Himeno magecraft. Then, we were suddenly engulfed by a blue substance. I was thrown on the hard ground along with Himeno. Berserker was nowhere to be found.

"Where... are we?"

Himeno asked. From the looks of it, we were suddenly transported outside of the dorms in a desolated area.

Are you serious?

Ayanokouji POV

Euthemia would probably come to the conclusion of what Morgan's magecraft was. But I had no other choice. It would be used sooner or later. It was simply bad timing. Lancer should have seen Kamuro so he can probably explain the situation to Euthemia.

I opened the door. Morgan is in her spirit form and Lancer probably went to find his Master. My room looked clean enough, but there was still some oddities. Luckily, she didn't notice them. She proceeded to tell me her story all just to ask me to help Ichinose.

She eventually left after she had finished saying what she wanted to. I then received a call from Horikita's brother and he told me of the situation concerning Kushida and Nagumo. Euthemia and Himeno then sent me separate text messages.

I sighed as I laid on the bed.

"My husband, you've done much in the past days."

Without warning, she sat on the bed beside me and gently placed my head on her lap. It felt so serene and after a while I eventually succumbed to my drowsiness.