27) Happy Anniversary

.Lynn.

It's been 5 years. 5 years since I last seen my baby. And five years since David.

The police haven't been much help but when are they ever when it's a missing black child. About 5 months in it turned from a missing persons to them just searching for a body.

My baby. Dead?

The DNA results came in about a month into David's sentence and we found out that the baby isn't his. Maybe it was the lock up or maybe he didn't care as much as he said but he stopped accepting my visiting request. After a year I decided to leave him alone.

I hear my phone ringing and see that it's Mehg. "Hey love." I say answering the phone.

"Hey mama. Just checking on you." She says into the camera.

"You know. I'm as good as I can be. But girl let's talk about this face. You look good!"

"Thank you! You know I try to do something slight every now and then

"Thank you! You know I try to do something slight every now and then." She says.

"How's things with you a Dell?" I ask

"We good. Let's cut the chit chat bitch. When you coming home? I haven't seen you in years. You just get a new boo and forget about me?" She asks half jokingly and half actually sounding hurt.

"I'm not sure." I say truthfully. I've been trying to put as much distance between me and that life as possible. "It's hard for me to be back in that city. Plus its just easier for my "boo" to work out here."

"Well you know we love you and we'll always support you." She says with a genuine smile.

"That's why you'll always be my bitch!" I say smiling back at her.

"Babe. You ready to go?" I hear from downstairs?

"I guess you gotta go huh?" She says as her smiles turns into a smirk.

"Bye Mehg." I laugh and shake my head.

"Bye Lynn." She giggles and then hangs up.

"Coming baby." I spray myself with perfume and put my phone in my purse. I look at myself in the mirror and kindve stare for a minute.