1

"Peter?" You hear a voice ask. Shit. You now had to find an excuse to get out of there. You hated the publicity that came with Spider-Man.

Wait, how did they know Spider-Man was called Peter?

I mean, when he was alive, Peter had only told his best friends and aunt. How did this random person know?

You open your eyes to see a large asian kid staring at you with his eyes wide.

"You're not Peter." He says, looking shocked.

"No, not really." Your suit was ripped and you had cuts and bruises everywhere.

You stumbled to your feet, leaning against the lamppost for stability.

It was around noon and the world looked slightly different. Maybe it was just because you were looking through your mask. Or maybe it was because you had hit your head really badly.

"Where am I?" You ask the guy but he was too busy phoning his friends.

"MJ! Peter! Pick up!" He whispered into his phone as he nervously bit his nails, not taking his eyes off you as if you were some sort of creature.

"You know I'm not going to hurt you." You say just as your voice began to weaken, "I'm Spider-Man.. I'm.. I.. Shit.."

You must've hurt yourself pretty badly. Swinging through the city was bound to do that at some point. In fact, you were actually quite surprised that you hadn't hurt yourself sooner.

"Is this still New York?" You ask, your eyes adjusting to the lighting but the boy was ignoring you.

"I think I have one of those guys you're looking for." The boy whispers into his phone. You can see he was trying to do it secretly but it wasn't working.

You weren't wanted or anything. You hadn't done anything against the law as far as you knew. But still, you knew you had to get out of there.

"I'm on my way, meet me at the Sanctum." The voice crackles on the other side of his phone.

You started to limp away from him, hoping that the public wouldn't notice you. Sadly, it was too late, you started hear yells from across the road.

"We believe Mysterio!"

"Killer!"

"You're not Peter Parker!"

"Spiderpussy!"

"Fake."

"Why are you dressing up as a criminal?"

"Woah guys it's Spider-Man!"

"You're a girl?"

"Our hero!"

"Come to kill more innocents have you?"

You stumble into an alley as you hear the boy on the phone yell after you.

You couldn't be bothered with any of these people (including the boy on his phone) and you had no clue who Mysterio was or why people 'believed' him. And why were you suddenly a criminal and killer?

You hide behind a dumpster, pressing your back against the cold wall. You were about to break down again when you felt something tingle.

You had always got that feeling when Peter was around.

But he was dead.

So what was happening? And who was coming for you?