4

"Spider-Woman? Now that is one strange universe." You hear a voice chuckle from the other side of the basement.

You couldn't help but be a little offended by the comment but you were more intrigued by who was speaking.

"I thought you said you only had two friends?" You recall, looking to Peter for an explanation.

"Ouch." MJ jokes.

"No seriously, where's that voice coming from?" You ask, stepping towards the sound.

At the end of the basement you noticed that it started to look less like a garage and more like the rest of the ancient sanctum.

It looked like a ritual place with small rooms surrounding it, they had see through windows and looked like some of Doctor Strange's magic.

And in one of the little chambers them there was a literal lizard sat in a corner throwing a rock back and forth.

But you were sure he couldn't be the one who was talking.

No, the one who was talking was the guy with the weird mechanic tentacles protruding from his back. He wore dark glasses and also wore a permanent scowl.

"I mean we just ignore him at this point." Ned says, shrugging.

"Yeah, he's pretty dismal." MJ admits.

"Doesn't really look like much of a villain." You observe, "More like a mad scientist."

"I think he's both-" Peter begins but he gets cut off by a guttural raw escaping from the man's mouth.

"'Not much of a villain? How dare you?" He spat, "I held the power of the sun in my hands, I doubt you and your puny friends could manage that."

"No, but we're still sane. I think that's better." You say casually.

MJ hid her laughter by covering her mouth with her sleeve.

It was good that the Spider-Man of this reality and his friends were starting to like you.

I mean, you wanted to get back to your own world but it was obvious that they needed all the help that they could get and you weren't about to leave them now.

"So what's the plan?" You ask once everyone had calmed down.

"What do you mean?" Peter asks.

"How are we going to round up all these guys?" You speak, "There's got to be more than just a lizard and an octopus."

"Don't you want to go home?" Peter asks, looking at your bruises, "This world isn't really a good place for you."

He was clearly referring to how the people in this world didn't like Spider-Man because of the Mysterio incident he'd told you all about.

He was right, you'd probably get a lot of backlash if you stayed. You hadn't thought of that.

"No, I'm not going to let you fight all these monsters by yourself." You say, smiling at your new friends.

The lizard growled in annoyance at being called a monster but you just ignore him.

"Alright, that's cool." Peter says, picking up the suit that he had inside-outted, turning his usual red and black suit into a black and gold one.

You watched as he taped his phone onto the suit.

"So, Y/n, want to go and catch one now?" Peter says, slipping a gauntlet onto his wrist.

"Yes.. but first.. let me fix my web shooters."