15. A perfect husband Material?

I love to cook, and I don't just love it, I'm obsessed with it, the reason being my mother, of course

She is a wonderful cook and I have seen her create many great dishes that have brought a smile to my face. 

Cooking was something, I and Mumma always enjoyed doing together. My mother and I would go to the local market and buy some fresh vegetables, season them and then cook them for dinner. This was the most enjoyable part of my and my mother's day as a child. After cooking and eating, we would often sit, relax and talk, something I also enjoy doing.

And today, years later, I felt the same bliss, I used to feel as a child, when cooking with my mother.

Kia was standing on a small square stool beside me. Since it was just a day before the Christmas holiday, she had requested, no demanded Mr Arnold to stay back with her and help her with Christmas baking.

Mr Arnold was not happy with this and told her that he was too busy to help on this festive day.

Kia threw a fit and well he had to comply.

Serves him right.

"So my little army, we're going to bake some yummy vanilla butter sugar cookies. Yes?", I said enthusiastically making Kia grin from ear to ear.

"Yes, Ari! That sounds perfect!" Kia exclaimed.

and Mr Arnold?

Well, he just grunted in response.

That's a yes I guess.

I took a bowl of flour, a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon and my mother's favourite vanilla sugar. As I was mixing the ingredients together with a few more, I could sense my mother's presence in this kitchen, which was both cosy and warm. 

I had to preheat the oven, so I requested Mr Arnold to mix the ingredients together, while I finished the process.

But I was left stunned when I saw how perfectly Mr Arnold was preparing the dough. He looked so professional, as he was kneading the dough, making it smoother and softer. He had taken his time making sure everything was just right. He was even taking time to enjoy this moment as he looked at the dough, making sure there was no mistake in his work. He was so focused, he didn't even notice my presence.

And as much as I hate to state it, I was definitely impressed by his culinary skills.

"Isn't my Nicky uncle a perfect hubby material Ari?", Kia whispered into my ear all of a sudden making me choke on my breath. I was so surprised, that I almost dropped the icing I'd prepared for the cookies.

Is Mr Arnold sure she's only four?

"From where did you hear such nonsense?", I asked her in pure shock.

"I heard Sienna saying to Mrs Ziya that Ev is a perfect hubby material.", she replied with a mischievous smile on her face.

I was left speechless as if my mouth was frozen. I was trying to figure out what to say at this point in time but I was pretty sure my words had been swallowed by the depths of the earth. Seeing my flustered state, Kia started laughing.