35. His Father.

It felt like everything was a dream

It felt like everything was a dream. Never in my life did I imagine having someone who would value me so much. I never considered how different it would be to love someone who would love me back.

The fear I had when I walked to his office was now replaced with a feeling of relief.

He loves me.

He had always loved me.

As he held me close to his heart, I saw the glimpse of my Mumma smiling. She softly nodded at me, and she smiled her heart out.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Amore." He said as leaned forward, his eyes sparkling with mischief as he pulled my face closer to his. My breathing became erratic as he leaned into my lips. Earlier in the office, I'd just pressed my lips on his, what if he wanted to kiss me ? Damn it! I don't want to embarrass myself.

As I sped the train of my thoughts, I felt his lips on my cheek. He knew exactly the sort of emotions I was feeling because he was the one I was feeling them for. I could see him smiling."Only you, mi amore. Only you."

My heart raced on overdrive. Before he could tease me anymore, I pulled the door shut on his face, I could hear him laughing as I leaned against the door, keeping my hand on my heart breathing heavily, trying to calm my racing heart.

The next day came and I felt too excited to meet him. I was still thinking about the previous day, the day that had changed my life forever when I heard a knock on my door.

When I opened the door, I saw Mama and Nicolas standing there. While Mama was smiling, he had a tint on his cheek.

"Ari," Mama exclaimed as she threw her arms around my neck, hugging me close to her. I looked at him silently asking what was happening? He smirked at me and shrugged off making me shoot a glare at his side.

Mama then pulled me into the living room. Nicolas following closely. "I didn't know my one drink would do such wonders." She beamed as she looked at me and then at her son. "Finally you guys confessed to each other." she sighed dreamily and then added."Nico had literally eaten my ears off for the past three months."

I chuckled when Nicolas' face reddened in embarrassment.

"Spill the tea, dear." She said as she assessed me for details making me blush furiously.

"We talked Mama," I concluded in a sentence making her smirk widen."I'll spare you with the details since you are my kids but.." before she could continue or question any more I interrupted her by telling her that I'll make coffee for both of them.

I took a deep breath as I stepped inside the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me, I glanced over my shoulder to see him walking towards me. As I looked over the coffee, I felt him placing his palms on the counter from behind me.

Surprise washed over me as I felt him standing so close."Someone was laughing a lot, huh?" he said as he kept his chin on my shoulder.

I smirked, tempted to get on his nerves today."Who? Who was laughing?"