19. He's so bloody confusing!

The next morning, I woke up with a smile

The next morning, I woke up with a smile. The previous night's events flashed through my mind, and I remembered how much fun it was to spend the evening with Mr Arnold. I couldn't think of anything else besides him.

The thought of seeing him again made me feel excited and happy. I felt like doing cartwheels down the hallway but controlled myself.

The hell is wrong with me?

I got ready in a white top that had sheath-like sleeves and a high neck. I paired it with a pair of black leggings and a black turtleneck sweater. I decided to put my hair up in a bun. I looked at the mirror and smiled. A thing I'd been doing a lot since last night.

Lastly, I wore the pearl earrings Mr Arnold gave me as a present. They were simple but elegant. They made me feel like a princess which I definitely wasn't. I knew he'd feel happy that I wore them.

I walked to my kitchen and started to make myself a coffee. I looked at the time on my phone. I had to leave in half an hour. Kia's school is off so Mr Arnold asked me, surprisingly, to take care of Kia the whole day.

One thing that confused me was he asked me to babysit Kia either at his penthouse or in his office and not at his home. But I didn't question him, it's not my business after all. So I opted for the option of his office which made him grin.

F*cking weirdo!

I had a quick breakfast and I was ready to be off. A part of me was feeling too excited to meet him. Don't ask me why?

I myself am confused.

Once I reached Arnold industries, I called Mr Arnold and I was surprised he picked my call on the very first ring. He must have been waiting for my call." Hello Mr Arnold, uh I've reached your company."

There was a breathing pause at his end as if he just ran a f*cking marathon."Right... Right, Ms Summers. Kia is not here yet." I frowned at his words."But you said she'd be here by ten."

"Uh I did?", his words came more of a question and I found myself staring at the phone as if he was in some way lying to me.

"Yes, you did Mr Arnold. Is everything alright?"

"Everything is alright, yes everything is alright.", his words confused the heck out of me."I'm on my way to get you."

"But you don't ha-hello." He ended the call?

What's up with this man, my god?

I entered his building. The guards greeted me and I smiled at them. The employees of Arnold Industries didn't care to hide their amazement at seeing me.

I'd be curious too if I had been in their shoes.

Perhaps!

Because I'm too much of an awkward human to stick my leg in someone else's mess.