Chapter 3

"So," Dayton had finally picked a radio station and was now trying to start conversation. "How are you doing ? Being back here must be a big relief."

"Defiantly, I missed you guys," I stopped at the lights, avoiding eye contact with her.

"You mean you missed Archer," I smirked and turned down the road.

"Of course I missed him," I let out a sigh. "I love him, and couldn't wait to get back."

"So, you guys caught up with each other yet ?" I squirmed, pictures of Ben popped up but I pushed them back. "I mean three months, never mind the four months before that, if I was you I wouldn't have even left the room for at least three days."

"No, we haven't," I bit my lip. "I couldn't, I mean I stopped us last night."

"What ? Why would you..." Her voice trailed off until it clicked. "Did Stefan-"

"No," I cut her off. "No, actually he made me feel almost welcome there, he even kept me and the girls safe from time to time."

"So what happened ?" I gulped before turning cold, it was the only way I could tell her.

"The first week I got there, Lizze sent two guys to take me from our room and lead me to a soundproof room," Dayton's eye's widened. "First three times it was just beatings, occasionally I'd fight back, got a few good jabs in there too," I smiled remembering punching Ben in the stomach and elbowing Phillip in the chin. "Although first time he brought a knife, carved the word Purity into my hip, it stuck as a nickname to all the vamps, then after the fourth beating it was more mocking then anything, what's so pure about a girl who's been beaten, raped and has scars all over."

"Avalon, you don't-" I stopped her.

"Last night, when I was with Archer and things got heated I just saw his face, and it scared the crap out of me," I pulled up to the blood bank. "I keep seeing his face, but the thing that scares me the most, is Archer when he sees the scars."

"You know he'll love you no matter what right ? No scar, past or person would stand in the way of that," we got out the car and locked it.

"Would you love this ?" I pulled off my cardigan and showed her the scars on my back before turning back around and lifting my vest to show her my hips.

"You got a tattoo ?" I laughed.

"That's the thing you notice ?" We walked inside towards the receptionist.

"Yes, who knew little Avalon would get a tatt," We arrived at the desk. "And yes, he will still love you."

"Hi, are you here to donate ?" The cheery blonde smiled and showed her pearly whites.

"Nope," I smirked. "Day your up."

"Hello, now listen to me," The girl looked into Dayton's eyes and fell under her spell. "I need twenty eight pints of blood, and you need to set up a cooler box of this every week understood ?"

"Yes Miss," I smiled and shared a look with Dayton.

"Good, now go," cheery got up to grab the blood. "God I love doing that."

"I'd love to be able to do that, would make life a lot easier," We waited for her to return. "So, how are things with Tyler ?"

"Good," She smiled again. "Really good actually."

"Sounds like fun," I wiggled my brows which earned me a shove.

"Here you go," cheery passed us the cooler boxes.

"Thank you," Dayton smirked. "Now forget this happened."

"Let's go, Vic will be hungry," We picked up the boxes and walked out to the car, once they were in the trunk securely we got in and drove back home.

"I won't tell anyone, if you don't want me to you know," I gave her a grateful smile.

"Thanks Day, honestly, there are only six people including me and you who know what happened, and two of them are dead."

"Six ? Did you kill the two ?"

"No, Stefan did actually, after I told him he ripped out their hearts."

"Wait, do Vicky and Nadia know ?"

"Nadia does, I can't bring myself to tell Vicky, she already blamed herself when I kept getting taken from her room, this would just make her feel worse," I turned a corner.

"Fine, just promise me something ?" We were at the bottom of the drive leading to the house.

"Sure, what is it ?"

"If you need someone to talk to, train with or even just need someone there, you call me."

"I promise," I jumped out the car and took the boxes to the house.