Part 5

Dear Mummy,

The day before yesterday was the day of my operation and today I'm already better! You will already know that I almost died on the operation table, but did you know that this was because my appendix burst on the eve of it coming out?

When I woke up after the operation, I was all alone and when I tried to speak, it felt like my throat was breaking like glass. I'm glad a nurse walked by, soon after, because I was really dying for water. The surgeons had to keep me longer in the surgery ward, the nurse said. They had to clean around where my appendix was. All that nasty stuff inside my burst appendix had made a mess, but I survived. I just need to take antibiotics that taste like bad breath for another two weeks.

Granny told me how happy you were that I was going to be okay from now on.

Tomorrow, I can finally go home to Gravatai and then daddy and Nona will return from Buenos Aires and take me with them to our new home in Argentina.

I wish I could get a hug from you before I leave.

Miss you.

Zelia

Do you remember a time in your past when you missed your guardian, mum, dad or both, more than anything?

Zelia does for sure. Vote and show her she's not on this journey all alone 🥰😘😗