Part 9

Dear Mum

Today Gigli spoke to me for the first time in weeks and weeks. She asked me to follow her into this little tunnel, in the bushes, and we came out into this small clearing among the jungle plants. I like this little hideout but the air was so hot! And it didn't help that we had to stand practically nose to nose.

Gigli broke the silence and complained that Elena had hardly spoken to her since school started, so she was very upset. Then she asked me if I could speak to Elena to sort out the issue.

I didn't know what to say, at first, because I felt that Elena was just doing to Gigli what Gigli was doing to me. Also, I couldn't understand how Gigli thought that I could simply resolve her problem. I can't cast friendship spells or break them! It was obvious to me that Gigli was jealous of what Elena and I had, and that she thought that I was controlling everything. 

I wasn't happy because I'm not doing that at all. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask Elena to stop talking to someone. I was in shock.

But I do understand why Gigli is upset, so I decided not to argue, and I agreed to talk to Elena. I regret that I didn't make it clear that I'm not forcing Elena to do anything she doesn't want for herself, but then again, Gigli's mom is the headmistress...so, I'm probably just expected to follow orders. Isn't that what daddy and Nona always tell me; don't argue. 

I argue too much, they tell me, and it isn't ladylike.

Love

Zelia 

Has anyone ever blamed you for a friendship ending when it wasn't your fault? Zelia is struggling with that, at the moment, as well as the idea that ladies shouldn't ruffle anyone's feathers. 

Any thoughts or feedback?

Don't forget to comment and vote 😉