20. It's A Good Look

Jane breaks the silence first as Mary drives the dirt road towards the crater, "I've never done anything like this before

Jane breaks the silence first as Mary drives the dirt road towards the crater, "I've never done anything like this before." She says excitedly but also nervously as she stares out the window, then looks back at Mary and Thor, "Have you two ever done anything like this before?" She asks

Mary chuckles, remembering her brother and husband getting the three of them into all kinda of trouble when they were teenagers. "When i was younger." She says and Thor nods in agreement.

"Many times." He answers, then glances into the backseat, "And you're brave to join us."

"Well, they just stole my entire life's work. I don't have much left to lose." Jane comments.

"But you're clever." Thor compliments the woman. Mary eyes the two of them briefly as she continues to drive down the desert road. She felt there was something happening between Jane and Thor.

"Thanks." Jane mutters bashfully.

"Aside from Lady Elizabeth, you're far more clever than anyone else in this realm." Thor says, drawing Mary's attention once more, reminding her that he's not from Earth, that sitting beside her truly is Thor, the god of Thunder from Asgard and the Norse Mythology. She still couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that it was all true, all Schmidt rambled on about was true. She always thought he was a madman. And in most ways he was one, he was also a radical believer in the Norse gods. But the fact that it was real, that they were real, still astounds her.

"Realm? Realm?" Jane asks in disbelief, she looks at the back of the god's head in confusion but also fondness.

"You think me strange?" Thor asks with a small smile on his face.

Jane chuckles, "Yeah, i do."

"Good strange or bad strange?" Mary pipes in, chuckling at the two of them interacting with one another. Two complete strangers she now found as friends, despite one of them not being from Earth.

Jane looks over with a teasing smile on her lips, "I'm not quite sure yet." She answers truthfully. Mary swerves the car slightly to avoid something on the road, jostling those inside, causing them to laugh. The astronomer looks over at the blonde, pushing her hair behind her ears as she leans her elbows on her knees, "But who are you?" She asks, staring at the god quizzically, "Really?" She adds quietly.

Mary contemplates if she should say something, but it isn't her place to say that they have a god in the car with them. It's Thor's and his alone to tell Jane, though he's been honest with her most likely. Mary can't picture the thunder god beside her lying about who he is. If there's on thing she knows about Norse Mythology and warriors, is that they had no reason to lie in most cases. Their mythology was a little outlandish, but Thor had always been honest, kind and thoughtful to her in the short time they knew each other. And Mary had been an expert at reading people given her many decades on Earth. She knew when people were not worthy of her trust or time. When they only wanted to know her to get inside Tony's circle, or to get an in with her through the medical world.