25. There Was An Idea

Mary woke up to her ears ringing and her head splitting, she knew that she had a small concussion, but that didn't matter, someone had attacked the helicarrier

She opened her eyes to seeing guns going off in one direction, wiping the blood from her forehead, she looks over and sees agents with sickly blue eyes and Agent Barton. She managed to get up without drawing any unwanted attention, she noticed Coulson with a heavy weapon and followed after him.

"Coulson what's going on?" She asks him as she follows closely behind.

"Loki's mind controlled people are here to get him out, we need to stop him." Coulson replies, heading down to the room Loki was being kept in.

When they reach it, they both see Thor in the cage and Loki outside of it.

"Humans think us immortal. Should we test that?" Loki asks his brother, but Mary knocks the agent guarding the god unconscious.

"Move away, please." Coulson says, he hands Mary a gun as he lifts up the huge weapon in his arms, aimed at Loki.

The god slowly backs away from the panel and Coulson walks forward slowly, "You like this?" He asks, gesturing to the weapon he's holding, "Started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even i don't know what it does."

Mary cautiously walks behind Coulson, her gun aimed at Loki.

Coulson turns on the weapon, "Wanna find out?" He asks, but then Mary screams in pain as her and Coulson are both stabbed, Coulson close to his heart, and Mary in her stomach.

Thor screams in agony as he watches two of his friends collapse onto the floor. Coulson and Mary both gasp for air as they look at Loki, the illusion in front of them disappearing.

Both of them are trying to get their breathing steady, Mary knows Coulson doesn't have much time left, and neither does she as her wound starts to bleed out, she can barely move as it is.

She watches as Loki opens the air shaft, sending Thor down it. She then looks to Coulson again, his eyes are open but they're fogged over, he's slowly losing conscious. And so is Mary.

"You're gonna lose." Coulson says with what little strength he has left. Loki turns to look at them.

"Am i?" The god asks.

"It's in your nature." Mary adds, blood dripping down her mouth.

"Your heroes are scattered. Your floating fortress falls from the sky, where is my disadvantage?" Loki asks, walking closer to them.

"You lack conviction." Coulson replies.

"I don't think i-" Loki is cut off by Mary and Coulson pull the trigger on the weapon, sending the god flying through the wall.

"Huh.. so that's what it does.." the two of them say at the same time. Mary watches as Coulson loses slight consciousness.

"Coulson.." she forces out, then sees Fury rush to them.