06. The Man With the Plan

One day laterSSR Compound

One day later
SSR Compound

Mary's hand tries not to shake as she takes the last of Steve's blood. Steve looks at her, knowing what she's gone through in the last day alone should be enough to cripple someone, but Mary was here, doing her duty as Steve's personal Nurse like Erskine requested.

"Think you have enough?" He asks solemnly to his sister, trying to get her to smile, she hums in response, taking the needle from his arm, pressing the cloth onto his arm with a small amount of tape to hold it.

Peggy looks between the two siblings then speaks, "Any hope of reproducing the program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine, it could take years." She states quietly

Mary hesitates, she knows that's not true, but no one else does, and she intends to keep it that way. Steve stands up, walking over to Peggy and he rolls his sleeve down. "He deserved more than this." He states, taking a look over at his sister as she lets the doctor with her take the blood samples away.

Mary looks over, "If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you." She said to Steve, walking over to him and Peggy, she glances down at the nurse uniform she's in, pure white dress with the bonnet to match

Steve sighs, looking down at his sister, he nods, glancing down below through the window, seeing Howard Stark, Senator Brandt and Colonel Phillips having a conversation.

Peggy leads the way down the stairs to where the three men are, over hearing part of their conversation she decides to step in.

"HYDRA is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions." She states, informing Senator Brandt

Mary stands beside Steve, watching the men converse. Her brother glances down at her shaking form, he wraps an arm around her, holding her close to him as an attempt to stop her shaking.

Phillips nods at what Peggy said, looking at the Senator, "HYDRA's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible."

Brandt is impatient, "So what are you gonna do about it?" He asks the Colonel.

Phillips turns away from the Senator, walking towards Peggy, "Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked." He states.

Peggy's eyes widen briefly, "Colonel?"

Phillips dismisses her, We are taking the fight to HYDRA. Pack your bags Agent Carter. You too, Stark. You're flying to London tonight." He says to both of them, then turns to Mary, "If Erskine hadn't assigned you to Rogers here, you'd be going with us." He states, causing Mary to gasp.