21. You've Been Alseep, Cap

New York City, New York2012

2012

Mary pulls up to one her office buildings garage, on her motorcycle, putting it into park. She climbs off, fixing her hair as she walks deeper into the garage.

She spots Fury deep within the garage of the building, "You really found him, Nick?" She asks, walking up to him, he nods.

"I didn't, people mining in the Atlantic did actually. They found the whole damn plane, your brother was encased in ice within the plane." Fury informs her, handing her the file with all the information on it, she and Fury climb into the black car, she skims over it, "Suspended Animation." She thinks out loud, "Or possibly Erskine's serum preserved him." She states, "How did i never think about that."

Nick turns to look at her, "You've been keeping yourself busy for the past seventy years, Mary." He reminds her. "You needed to get your mind off of the fact that whatever Hydra injected you with, it took away your ability to age." He adds.

Mary looks out the window, nodding slowly, shaking her head, "Yeah. No, you're right, Nick." She states softly, seeing pictures in the file of Steve in the ice. She hesitates, her fingers hovering over the pictures.

"He's where i instructed him to be placed, right?" She asks Fury

He nods, "When have I ever gone against you?" He quips, smirking.

"June, 1994." She quips back, "You thought you were a big shot, took me ten minutes alone with you to knock you down a peg." She states, smiling at the memory.

"Ah right." He mutters, remembering that day, smiling with her, he watches her carefully as she reads over the file once more. "What will you say to him?"

"I'm not sure yet. When he wakes up, he'll be disoriented, confused." She explains, "He went into the ice in '45. He's coming out of it in 2012." She states, "He didn't have the "luxury" of my gift to just have my body chemistry frozen but the world keeps moving around me and i'm able to be apart of it." She states.

Fury nods, humming in agreement, "You want me to approach him first?" He offers

Mary nods, "Sure." She states, smiling at Fury, "Thank you, Nick."

The car soon comes to a halt, Mary and Fury both see a man rush out of one of Mary's buildings attached to Shield, and down the road to Times Square.

"Steve." She whispers, her eyes widening. She watches Fury step out of the car, walking towards her brother carefully.

"At ease Solider!" Fury shouts to Steve.

Mary nods in approval, she presses her com into her ear, "Good, Nick. Address him as how he remembers his life." She tells him, watching him through the passenger seat of the car now, she had climbed over the seats to get a better view of her friend and brother talking.