29. It's Been So Long

As the siblings walked into the museum, Mary put a baseball cap onto her brother's head and her own

As the siblings walked into the museum, Mary put a baseball cap onto her brother's head and her own. Even though she wasn't as known as her brother is, she was presumed dead in history books, so she couldn't be seen in crowded places.

Mary's heart was full when she saw all the little kids running around to the different activities, but her heart also hurt knowing that her own daughter wasn't here.

Thor had gotten back to Tony, saying that his friend had spotted her in snowy mountains on a truck. That means she was alive, but Thor's friend also said Becca looked very young, almost eight years old. Which meant that Schmidt's serum had affected Becca as well.

To what extent, Mary didn't know, but she knew her daughter was alive. That's all that mattered, and that her and Tony were just one step closer to finding Becca and bringing her home.

The two siblings walked around the museum, the narrator playing through the speakers above them, "A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice."

They walk over to the part of the museum that shows how the serum changed his outward appearance, "Denied enlistment due to poor health, with the help of his sister, Mary Rogers, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier." The narrator said.

Mary was happy they had been apart of history, but saddened that Steve missed it all from being in the ice.

The two walked up to where the Commando's uniform's and her own were placed on mannequins, Mary's eyes watered as she saw Bucky's, it was an exact replica of the one she had designed and Howard had made. Steve held onto his sister tightly, his arm holding her steady around her.

She looked at her old uniform, smiling a bit at it, "Bucky loved me in my uniform." She murmurs as the two of them turn their heads, seeing a little boy staring up at them, Mary chuckles, waving briefly, and Steve places his pointer finger to his lips, letting the boy know not to give them away. Mary smiles as the boy only nods, still in shock to see his hero and the famous World War II Nurse.

"Battle tested, Captain America, their nurse, Mary Rogers- Barnes and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rogue science division." The narrator says over the speakers. Then the two step away, walking over to the Bucky memorial.

The doctor's hazel eyes lets tears fall as she reads Bucky's part of the museum, she came here whenever she wanted to see him, his grave was back in Brooklyn so she couldn't visit his gave like she used too before she moved to DC with Steve.

"Best friends and eventual family, since childhood, Bucky Barnes, Steven Rogers and Mary Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes married Mary on January 1st, 1945, and is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country." The narrator says, causing Mary's knees to almost collapse, but her brother held tight onto his sister. If she were to break down, their cover would be blown and neither of them wanted that.