Chapter 10: Annabeth's fall and corruption

Annabeth's POV

I was currently in San Francisco, and I was heading to my dad's house. I realized that I hadn't visited him in over 14 years. I forgot about him at the end of the first war, for I had to attend business on Olympus. Heck, I didn't even know if he was alive or not. When I arrived at the house, there was no house. There was a Walmart in its place instead. The dam mortals had decided to build over the house, and I doubted that they even gave my dad and stepmother a dam choice. I walked around the Walmart, and I saw a piece of a plane engine in the grassy fields behind it. I went to the police department and asked about Frederick Chase, and I learned that he and his step wife had died in a building fire a month after they moved, and my half-brothers were set up for adoption.

Time skip

After finding out that Perseus had murdered the Kane family and demolished Valhalla with ease, I gave up. I lived in an alley in San Francisco, and I was friends with a rubber duckie I found in a trash can. I painted a smiley face on its face (Which was colorless from the countless rainstorms) with some ink (Also from a trash can). I was cleaning the rubber duckie when I heard snarling and screaming coming from behind me. When I turned, I saw a mortal man being eaten alive by a hellhound.  I threw my dagger, and it hit the beast in the back. I was too late, however, for the mortal man's guts were now on the outside, and not on the inside. A normal hellhound would have just attacked demigods, but these hellhounds seemed to like mortal flesh too. That is when I heard the growl. I turned to where I had been standing a moment ago washing the duck, and a glaring hellhound stood there. It pounced on me, and my vision was cut short. The next thing I saw was Charon leading spirits of the past across a black river.

Percy's POV

Annabeth had been killed, and I still had plans for her. I had brought back many, such as Bianca and many others, so I wanted to bring her to my side. If my plan is achieved, then I can wipe her mind and display her on my side in front of the gods. I would be doing this in just a little while, but I knew this would cost me a great deal of power. Therefore, I must rest before the coming of these events. 

10 hours of lazing around later

After making the excuse of having to build up my power to corrupt Annabeth to my side, (and watching TV for hours) I went to the underworld at last. Annabeth was in Elysium talking to Jason Grace, who had been killed in the first war. I took a few steps out of the shadow of a newly created mansion and said, "Hey Jason!" Jason looked over at me. I grabbed his glistening soul by the neck, and his head exploded into something that looked like pixy dust. I grabbed Annabeth's soul and dumped it in the white river. Right before I did this, she yelled, "I hate you!" And at last, I had marred the soul of Annabeth Chase, just as I had to many others. Annabeth's spirit took a bodily form, and she was clad in black armor. Her helmet had a black spike on it's top, and it was stained red. I had gotten the helmet from Nico, of whom had used it in his early battles. He claimed that it's spike was stained with the blood of the demigods of Kronos. Annabeth, having had her memory wiped, started talking gibberish and making weird sounds. I guess that the white river had erased her memory of words. I, using my power, gave her all that she had learned in the basic categories of learning. I could not, however, give her fake thought with my powers, for thoughts cannot lie. So I told her that she was a rogue warrior that was killed and maimed by the gods and resurrected by a dark god more powerful than Chaos. I told her not of my name, for that may strike some memory back into her. I left her unto herself after taking her to the fortress, and I began plotting for the next big battle. But first, I need to have a talk.

Jason's POV

The gods always said that we would find peace in Elysium; however, that is not so. The accursed dark god Perseus had killed me... again. I felt the desperate need of revenge; therefore, I will take it. I pondered on what to become. A white cloaked assassin, or a dark stealth-based monster-killer. I really could not decide. I currently sat in southern Elysium, the place where heroic souls that stray too far or die end up. They can, of course, leave. I am not enforced to stay there. Anyways, I was pondering my choices when out of the shadow crept a figure. Perseus Jackson.

Word Count 860