Chapter 11: The Third and Fourth Great Battles

Jason's POV

Perseus stood before me, clad in armor as dark as night. "Jason, my friend, it has been a while," said the lord of darkness. " Friend!? Never were we friends! I hate you!" I spat. "Serve me now, Jason, and I will show mercy upon you," he said. "Never!" I shouted in pride. The dark lord then took up his blade and sighed. "I didn't want things to come to this. Whatever, this will be satisfying." "What are you doi-," I started, but was cut off as he took his sleek sword and slit my throat. 

Later 

I wake up in the southern Elysium again and felt the desire for even more revenge. I made a cloak of woven white silk and wore it forevermore. I thought of myself as an assassin, or I would call myself The Bright Lord. I was not going to be a lazy wraith in the shadows, killing monsters here and there. I would soon participate in the third battle of the second war. I had received news that Percy had been building his forces in Egypt. I had also heard that he planned to move himself to the north so that we would have to trek through snow and storm to get to his fortress. But he would have to pass our forces positioned throughout the Pacific, Atlantic, Asia, Europe, and North America. That is when the third battle is predicted to happen.

Percy's POV

We were ready to go. I was to lead a small army to redirect attention at Olympus to me while my huge army went to the north. It was a hopeless charge for me. But I had indeed developed more power over the last month. My larger army would continue their march northward as I fought. Perhaps I will win, but I had gathered my most daring to die monsters for the small army, so I doubted that. Annabeth was to lead my larger army and keep them from dispersing into underground places and the many shadows of this world. I would not suffer Nico and the others to my charge. As we marched I told Annabeth, of which was about to separate with her troops from my army, that she hit the button and blow the fortress up. She quickly was teleported by me into the fortress and she lit the bomb. I teleported her back once she gave me a thumbs up from the top floors. It made all three towers fall, and the Pyramids tumbled down and blew up. "Well then, let us go," I said.

Time Skip

It was in the Northernmost Ural Mountains were the battle took place. I took the Olympians at unawares and the battle started. And my plans were strengthened in the middle of the battle. Jason Grace again rose and tried to help the enemy. I approached Jason whilst his back was turned, however he deflected my attempt to impale him. "Demon of Tartarus, I will make you succumb to the wrath of the gods and I!" The idiot exclaimed. "It seems as if it is too late for that, Jason," I said. I deflected an easy strike. I struck him in the head with my blade, he died, and his cloth fluttered away in the wind as if it were a feather. I knew he would return to fight, but his chances of doing anything to me were absolute zero.  

Annabeth's POV

The lord Perseus had instructed me not to build anything, not even a residential camp for the many monsters under his will. How could I have possibly held back from this? I built a camp where he had told us to go, and many monsters decided to reside there. As well did I. But Nico, Will, Connor, Travis, and the lesser majority decided to camp out in the night, just in case. What idiots they were, for they would freeze. Therefore I went to them and demanded that they come into the camp. When they refused, I said, "I am your leader, now follow or fall." Nico's eyes flared. "We only obey the lord Perseus, not some idiot that was brought here as a thrall!" I glared venomously at them. "Perseus is gone, therefore; follow me! For am I not the better leader?" With those words the armies of the dark lord were broken between Annabeth and Percy. The opposing side fought for a long while by sword, bow, spear, and knife against my group. Whilst I argued with Nico and his small gang. "I have ever cared and thought for you, brats. And I already hold more power than all of you useless weaklings!" A monster fell dead at my feet and disintegrated, adding to the drama. "Now, BOW BEFORE ME, and not a dark lord who could betray you at any moment!"

Percy's POV

Something I had not expected from my original plan had happened, and it was for the better of my purposes. I won the battle. All of the soldiers defending the north had been killed, and a scarce amount of mine had been lost. I would not march upon Olympus yet, however, for I wished to make their fall more humiliating. I felt something in my mind at that moment, telling me that I should return to deal with a problem in the area in which I had designated for Annabeth to go to. I felt a disturbance there, therefore; I took my remaining army and went.

Nico's POV

We had, after our argument, fought Annabeth in a duel that lasted still. I saw her knock Will out and that got me really mad. In fact, I got so mad that I cut cleanly through Annabeth's arm and it fell unto the ground, falling into an almost-frozen river, and floated away. I then turned blind for a single second, and my vision returned to let me see Percy himself holding Annabeth at swordpoint. "It was all Nico!" she cried fearfully. Percy laughed. "That is not so, Annabeth Chase, for I can see truth well. Now, I believe this calls for an execution, join me tomorrow night, my loyal servants. It will be fun!"

Word count 1026