Chapter 14: Connor's survival and innocence, and The return of Zeus

Connors POV

I was stuck in my own body. The bright lord had captured me and replaced my soul with a dead demigod's soal. The demigod Annabeth Chase (A/N Last resurrection! No more bringing souls from the dead!) had been placed in my body. The bright lord had put my soul in my body, but took away all of my bodily rights. I still felt the pain, absorbing it all whilst Annabeth felt nothing. All of the injuries went to me as well. I was currently watching Perseus scold the bright lord. I tried to call for my master, but it was to no avail. Annabeth/me put her sword on the dark lord's neck. She said something, I did not know. Perseus suddenly disarmed her and started to attack the bright lord. Annabeth took my body behind a tree and hid. She closed her eyes so I could not see. 5 minutes later, I felt a great pain on my right. Annabeth opened her eyes, and I saw that I was flying. We landed in Lake Baikal, and a tree landed on us. We were pushed a few feet below sea level. Annabeth swam up and cursed. She was able to tread water, though incredibly injured. I wondered what would be next for me.

Zeus's POV

Months, Years, Ages it seemed had passed. The demigod I should have killed was now the greatest threat to my kingdom ever known, and my brother was now king of the gods. What a disappointment. I had now been walking about Tartarus for years. I had turned pale, my eyes were grey, and I was now more of an old man than a mighty god. The monsters yet still feared me, but not for much longer. I was beginning to doubt my chances of success. Then a wraith appeared before me. "I am Chaos, the creator," It said. I unsheathed a steel sword. "Be not afraid, Peasant, for I to desire the soul of the dark lord; and the ability to destroy it." "You dare call me a Peasant! Why I am Lord Zeus! King of all!" I boomed. "Perseus is rising again "Lord Zeus" and I require you to return to the surface of the world, and let fate guide you," Chaos said peacefully. "Umm... Ok," I replied, stupid as ever. I felt my body falling, then drifting, as if in interstellar space, and then stop. I felt grass and leaves below me. "Where am I," I thought. I stood up and opened my eyes. Fires of greenish color were littered around me. I then realized that I was in my beloved city of New York, in Central Park. Luckily I had a clear path out from where I was. As I made my way out, I felt someone, or something watching me. I turned, expecting an enemy. I was right. Nico Di Angelo stood there with Will Solace. "Look at this! Our lord will be so proud to see what we have found!" Nico said with joy. "After all, this is his worst enemy shriveled to a dying corpse," Will responded. Then the unexpected happened. A bolt of lightning shot from my finger, severing Nico's hand. Will ran to Nico, attempting to tie a tourniquet to his arm. Nico seemed to not want it on him. I realized that it was my time to run. I ran to the elevator, dodging stopped cars, trucks, and the occasional bus. "Come back here!" Yelled Will after he had attached a bandage to Nico's arm. I shot three bolts of lightning at once, shooting the son of Apollo into a fiery pit. "No! Nico screamed in anger. An Army of skeletons rose from the earth. At least 100 lightning bolts erupted from my mighty finger, and all skeletons turned to ash. "Help," Will croaked, crawling of the fire. Nico ran to him. I ran to the elevator, and pressed 600. And whilst going up at the speed of sound, I heard Nico cry in despair. I silently smirked to myself. "I always win," I thought with glee.

Nico's POV

Will lay before me, his black armor dented and fractured. His foot was twisted at an odd angle, and his other foot was ripped brutally off. A shard of rock was embedded in his stomach. "Will!" I cry in sadness, "What must I do?" "There is nothing is nothing that can save me now, my love, I shall die for great reason. To save you, death boy," Will sighed deeply. The light in his eyes, of which was once as bright as the sun, faded into black. I sobbed next to the son of Apollo for what seemed like years, before picking up his body, and shadow traveling northwards to the great fortress of Perseus.

Time skip

I had arrived, and now waited in the throne room for the dark lord. He then walked in. "What happens to be the problem as of right now, Nico?" Perseus asked. "Will is dead, and Zeus has returned!" I sobbed. "WHAT!" Another yet dead! Another yet returned! Why, oh primordial forefathers, must this fate befall me. I shall have a funeral for your love, Nico Di Angelo. Send word to the armies to start preparing for battle," Percy said with anger clear in his dark, evil eyes. "Yes M'lord." I replied instantaneously, my expression foreboding doom to Zeus, and all that support him.

Poseidon's POV

I was started to enjoy my state as king of Olympus. The floating city now resembled my underwater city, and fountains and aquariums were stationed throughout the city. Then my hopes of making the city even better, ended with the opening of an elevator. Zeus, the king of the gods, stepped forth with a look that made me immediately think of him as a superior. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY THRONE!!!" Zeus boomed. "I-I was just trying to maintain balance while you were gone, my king." I said, displaying fear in my face. "YOU CALL THIS ORDER AND BALANCE!!! YOU TAKE ME FOR A FOOL, FOR YOU HAVE ALWAYS HUNGERED FOR POWER!!!" Zeus shouted. I was basically trembling off of the throne. I jumped off of the throne and ran past him. I turned once far away, and saw my newly made Olympus crumble to pieces, and a great, white, citadel rose up from the earth. Circular walls surrounded it, making it resemble stairs, leading to a certain point. A tower rose up at that point. Greek buildings surrounded it. All of our shrines surrounded the great tower. For all twelve gods. "My city," I cried, "It is ruined."

Sorry it took a while. With School starting again and other things of this kind I have been quite busy lately.

Word Count 1,120