Chapter 31

Josie Pov

I had to do it I knew I had to, it was the only way to keep him safe either way.

"I'm sorry I worried about you.B-but who are you?"

I saw his face immediately fall as soon as the words fall out of my mouth but I knew it had to be done I knew I could trust 2 people currently but in order to make it out alive I need to depend on myself first.Looking at the boy Infront of me as I reduced him to nothing but a stranger in my eyes turning off the last bit of emotions that I Harbor for him.

"I'll get the best doctors here to help.Maybe if I had -" he slowly started Rambling to which I shortly cut him off.

"Maybe things are how they should be I'm sorry that your probably mistook me for someone else but I do hope you find her but the girl you're looking for isn't me"I gave him a small smile and I lightly pat his hand before getting onto bed.

"I'll help you remember no matter how long it takes" he tried cutting it

"Sometimes it's better to forget than to remember"

He was probably shocked and speechless but it had to be done.I had a mission to achieve and fall for the first guy who gives me any form of attention isn't on my current agenda.I felt the familiar numbness settled into my heart mind and body somehow new pain always had a way of making me feel like home. Jasper had left without another word though I could see the look of pain and disappointment in his eyes there was a giant of hope.

Some may wonder why would I push away the boy who had me smitten for him, one I could trust, one who seemed keen to cherish me and protect me well there is a simple answer to that question it's quite simple it's that fact that he's a man.A boy with a lot of power and influences I'm just a girl with nothing on me.I need to be stronger. I refuse to be mistreated, tortured, belittled or even seen as weak by another man until I learn to stand up now only for others but for myself.

And I most certainly refuse to be the princess waiting for the prince to save her because I'm not a damsel in distress I'm doing this to protect him but I'm also doing it for me.I kept thinking of a plan considering my dear step brother decided to come back into my life I'd have to lay low for a while and figure out how he found me and how he knew where I was going that night.

The second thing I need to take care of is all of my 'Jater' friends every single one of them so that they never harm anyone like they did to me.

I always save the best for last Destroying The Hunters would be the last thing I do.I'll show them The True way of being an Italian Mafia Princess.

Blood makes you related loyalty makes your family

I was soon brought out of my thoughts by the slightly cough of the doctor standing Infront of me. He look quite old to be a doctor but then again sometimes age doesn't surpass employment

"Hello Miss Hunter I'm Doctor Petrov and I'm pleased to meet you." I understood that we were in hospital yet he was so formal as he spoke yet I could still hear his thick Russian accent.

I stayed slient I didn't know if this was a flight or fight situation my guard was up I trusted no one especially anyone in a lab coat.

"I assure you you have nothing to fear Miss hunter I'm just doing my job" he let out a light chuckle.

"And what would you say your Job entails Dr Petrov" I eyed him as he stood close to the door locking it as he walked closer to me he's eyes never leaving mine. I was Niether his prey nor his predator so it made me question what was his plan.

"Look I'm not here to hurt you Дорогой" he came closer to me almost like he was scared to approach me.

(all from Google translate)
Дорогой - Darling in Russian

This gave me enough time to analyze his facial features though he seemed old his boy was well built and he didn't look past the ages of 45 which isn't that old but something told me he was older. His piercing blue eyes caught my attention the most.

People say looking into someone's eyes is the portal to seeing their soul yet what do you do when you see death in an ocean of blue.

"If that statement is supposed to strike fear into me I can assure you that you're wrong I couldn't care less if you were here to hurt me or not" I leaned back into the bed trying not to hurt my body as I moved.

"I just don't want you to fear me"his voice was low and a tad bit calming he raised his hands in kind of surrendering as he pulled out a gun and set it onto the visitors chair before sitting in another one of the chairs as he faced me.

I'd say he looked oddly familiar bit there was absolutely no recollection of me ever seeing him so I couldn't put his name nor face on anything I could remember.

"Is there a reason I should be afraid of you?" the question slipped out of my mouth with ease but all he did was chuckle in amusement.

"Considering most people cower in fear just from hearing my name I would have thought you'd do the same or maybe that I'm a stranger in your ward with a loaded gun" he stated matter of factly.

"I don't know you and if you wanted to hurt me you could have clearly done that instead of the small talk meaning you have an alternative motive or reason for being here" .

"Smart girl you look just like her"confusion settled in my mind who did I look like?

"Who do I look like"

"Your mother Дорогая" he said once again but I wasn't that familiar with Russian.

Translation
Дорогой - Darling

"How do you know my Mother" is the first question that ran through my mind.

"My name is Dimitri Petrov I'm your grandfather"

End of chapter

Gues who's back back back 🤧again.

So as confusing as the last few chapters has been I finally started writing again at 3am and I have school in 2 hours anyway....
I'd like to thank everyone for reading my Story and being so patient about updates. I will be updating every Tuesday and Friday 💞.

I really love reading all of your comments and suggestions thank you so much and even though the books a bit of a mess please give it chance ❤️I am trying to improve as a writer and coming up with new ideas.

Thank you for reading <3

Luv 💌ML