Eighteen - Miss Mystic Falls

It had been a few days since Jeremy found out about the vampires. It had also been a few days since Stefan or Elena tried to talk to Erica. 

One morning, Erica woke up smiling and happy as she felt her baby belly start moving. She had successfully reached month 5 or trimester 2 of her pregnancy. There would be only 4 months before her hope was born. 

However, Erica's smile drowned down when she realized what day it was. It was the Miss Mystic Falls pageant day. The day where she and Elena had both signed up for their mom only to not have a mom and for her and her bond with Elena to have been broken because of Stefan Salvatore. 

Erica didn't realize when Damon came into the room with a tray of breakfast and smiling only for his smile to drop when he saw the look on Erica's face. 

Damon put the tray on the side table near Erica's bed and sat in front of her taking her hands. As soon as Erica felt her hands with Damon's she looked to him sadly.

"What's wrong Eri," Damon asks as he pushes some hair from Erica's face.

"Todays the Miss Mystic Falls pageant," she says quietly "the day that Elena and I signed together for our mom only to not have a mom and for Elena hating me for whatever reason."

Damon sat there quietly as Erica continued talking.

"I don't think I can do it and besides how can I, I don't have a dress or or a date," she says 

"Hey," Damon making her look at him. "If the pageant is bugging you so much then you have 2 options. 1 you don't go to the pageant and we stay home or we can go to the pageant together"

The last bit of the sentence shocks Erica.

"You want to go with me," she says as Damon shrugs.

"I don't mind and I have to deal with Stefan too," Damon says making Erica at him with a curious look 

"Why do you have to deal with Stefan," Erica asks 

"He's been drinking Human blood," Damon says shocking Erica "I had to talk to Elena and convince her that Stefan needed to be put down for some time to get the human blood out of his system."

"I'll go then," Erica says surprising Damon "if Stefan goes back to normal maybe I'll get my sister back and maybe everything will be okay"

Damon looked to the young Gilbert girl with sad smile. He saw how much the young girl wanted her sister back but he knew that it wouldn't happen. That for whatever reason Elena would always hate on Erica Gilbert and the future baby Gilbert?

Damon sighs and nods before getting up and bringing Erica's breakfast tray to her. 

"Now you will eat and get fresh while I go out and deal with what you will wear at the Miss Mystic Falls okay," Damon says 

Erica smiles and nods as she begins to eat her breakfast as Damon goes to a dress that would work with Erica. He wanted Erica to stand out in front of everyone even if she didn't win. 

As Damon went out and got her a dress, shows and jewelry for her, Erica got washed up and headed downstairs with her laptop. Since she only had 4 months before her baby arrived, she needed to think of a name for her. A name that was unique from all names.